Chapter 1:

• Eren's POV •

I was one of those normal looking kids. I had two friends, Armin and Mikasa. I had a normal life to be quite honest. I wasn't into drugs or alcohol or parties or literally anything. I also had a fan base, which is weird, since I was not that cute. I was in second place, behind this dude, Levi.

Levi has always been a dark kid, at least he looks the part. He was short, with straight black hair, styled in an undercut. He also had these narrow, intimidating dull blue eyes with dark circles under them. He usually looked emotionless, or either smirking. It was hard to see, since his black hoodie covered his face.

Every girl practically drooled over him since his tough act. Okay, it wasn't an act. You know what he likes to do, for fun? Beat people up. He was the definition of dangerous and delinquent, but you can't forget engaging.

For the gayness inside of me, I would say he's hot.

For the virgin inside of me, I would want him to be my first.

Uh, what am I saying?!

He scares the crap out of me!

He sits in the back of the room, next to the door. He was always doing something on paper, even if it were silent reading time. Pencil in his hand, looking down at the paper, and his book standing for cover.

Everybody had someone as a partner at their desk, but Levi was the only one who had the whole desk to himself. He seemed like a loner, but he wasn't. He had two Senior friends, Erwin and Petra. Then this girl in the same grade as us, her name was Hanji.

They were always together. Even outside of school. Actually, Erwin, Petra, and Hanji were always together. Levi was always following behind, gazing at them in annoyance.

So what? I followed them once.

"Eren Jaegar!" The teacher yelled, making me wince up. I haven't even notice myself staring at Levi until he yelled my name.

"Y-yes?!" I stutter, slamming my book onto the table.

"Do you like Levi?!" He chuckled. "You keep looking at the boy."

"No! I'm straight as a board! Straight as my paper!"

He cleared his throat, taking the spotlight once more. I looked back at Levi. He started to pack up, putting everything inside his black book bag neatly.

"Now, we'll be doing a art project. It's a request from your art teacher," Mr. Mike nodded. "You and your partner are gonna have to draw something, together. Of course, yours truly, will be picking partners."

A lot of people groan, me joining in. Levi, he had no expression. He looked bored out of his mind. This was only the time I actually got to see Levi's face, under that black hoodie, he was gorgeous. He couldn't wear a hoodie inside the classroom, at least, not when Mr. Mike was here anyway.

"Levi with Eren!" Mr. Mike yelled. My eyes lit up. Levi? He's usually the lone wolf. Even if he did get paired up with someone, he'd end up doing all the work. Everybody knew that. Yet, I didn't want to feel guilty.

Mr. Mike said the last partners, Jean and Christa. So, Ymir is gonna kill Jean if he tried anything.

Levi left the classroom first and I had to speak to him. I followed behind him, for a short guy like Levi, he walked pretty fast. A couple steps behind him, I touched his shoulder. He grabbed my arm, twisting it.

"Get your fucking dirty hands off of me," he glared daggers at me. His eyes then soften after seeing me and then he let go.

"Sorry," I blurt. "I was gonna ask you about the project."

"Right. The project. I'll do it myself," he turned around, and started walking away. I caught up to him again.

"No," I said. I didn't want to touch him. God knows what he'll do to me. "I wanna do it with you. I'm gonna feel very guilty if I let you do all the work."

"Then don't feel guilty," he said, expressionless. His eyes were droopy, as if our conversation was boring. "I will do it myself, Eren. I know you're just forcing yourself to do it."

"Force myself?" I tilt my head. "I'm not forcing myself. I wanna do it with you, I feel guilty if I don't."

Levi drawled his hoodie onto his head, darkness riding his face.

"Fine," he said after moments. "I'll text you my address."

"Wait, but don't you need my number?" I cocked a brow, but then started digging up my phone.

"Nope," he replied. "I'm smart, I can find it. If I don't, I'll go over your place." He turned around, and I swear for a moment, I think I just saw him smile. No way. My eyes are seeing things. Yeah.