Dream On

"So, I didn't know if you wanted toast or not, but I made you two slices anyway, and poured you are glass of orange juice. I also sliced up some apple slices on this little platter, and by the way, you put your dishes in weird places." Craig smiled as he set my glass of orange juice in front of me. 

"Well, first of all, I didn't choose the places for the dishes. Two, this all looks amazing. My parents will be home at two thirty so that gives you two hours to leave." I crunched a slice of apple. 

"Are you saying I don't have to leave right away then?" Craig winked.

"No, unfortunately you don't have to leave right away. This is a lot of food, why don't you help me finish it?" I halved everything and pulled the chair out next to me at the island. 

"I am hungry." He sat down. "I don't know much about you Athens, and to tell you the truth, I'm intrigued." 

"Oh gosh, like you even give a shit." I laughed. 

"I mean it, I want to know a bit about you." He searched my eyes.

"Fine, what do you want to know?" I rolled my eyes.

"Here comes a list. One, why do you own such a big house if it is only you and your parents? Two, what are you doing living at home when you are eighteen? Three, what happened to your leg there? Those booty shorts don't hide much. Four, how did you like my breakfast? Five, why aren't you freaking out?" He looked back down to my leg, which I covered with my hand. 

"One, I had a sister but she died in a car accident, the other four rooms are just filled with old crap. My parents like to show how much money they make, so they bought this huge thing. Two, I just turned eighteen. Three, this is from Lilla. Four, it was amazing and the first breakfast anyone has made me. Five, if you are talking about you, then because you are human too and I figured you have eight thousand other girls fainting over you, why should I?" I smirked.

"That's cray cray gurl!" I laughed at his failed black girl accent. "And you have a cute laugh."

I looked at Craig, admiring his gaze. He leaned in towards me closing his eyes. 

"WHOA!" I pushed his chest. "What are you doing?"

"I was going to kiss you?" Craig's voice had every bit of question in it.

"Um, I don't think so. Yeah, I got drunk and we had a thing last night, but I don't know you. Plus, I don't have any desire to be just another girl you hump then dump. So, no bye bye sex. You can leave now." I said walking to my door. 

"Athens, I didn't mean to affend you or whatever I did. I assure you though, you aren't a hump and dump. I don't do that to girls." 

"Every rockstar does it? Are you kidding me? Every band has that one hot groupie that they hump then dump." 

"Not every rockstar. Damn, how insecure are you? I was just being nice, but I can leave. In fact, I think I am going to. Bye, have a nice life." Craig grabbed his jacket and slammed the door behind him. 

What have I just done? Of course I would be the fuck up who runs off someone famous. Maybe he was just being nice. I mean, it could be a very logical solution. No, are you stupid? What's wrong with me? Fucking everything. 

I ran up stairs to my room, shutting my blinds and turning off my lights. I flopped down on my bed and pulled the small rectangle box out from under my matress. I opened it and looked at the small shining blade. It was glowing blue from my night lights. I picked up the blade and rotated it in my hands. 

Do I really want to do this? I need to bleed, I need to let out the imperfections.

I pulled up my shorts exposing the deep scars, fresh cuts, and other little bruises from times when cutting didn't help me enough, so I injected some liquid. I found a bare spot and shoved down hard. Asking the blade to bite a little harder then usual. Blood leaked down my leg, dropping onto my bedspread. By now my beds stained red, that I keep trying to bleach out, but never succeed.