the day before the dance

A/n: This song is a piano cover of "in the name of love" the cover by an unknown. Please don't play this until I say, plz.
--------------------------
Diego's pov: tomorrow is the annual dance at the studio, this year's theme is "disguise" not like Halloween, but  you have to go alone and you can dress up however you want. If you fall in love, then the chase is on, if you really fall in love, then people try to look for that one special person. I don't think I will fall in love.
   "Hey Fran, what's up Cami?" I asked.
   "Are you guys going to the dance tonight?" Cami asked.
   "Yeah, I guess it will be fun, how about you Fran?" I asked.
   "I don't know, even in a costume no one will fall for me. By the way, I have a boyfriend and so do you Cami." She said.
   "Oh come on, this is supposed to be fun." Cami said.
   "I'll think about it." She said.
   "Fine." Cami said.
   I looked at her when I saw her face turn to terror.
   "Diego, I can't stand you! You're a jerk!" She yelled and stormed off.
   I turned around and saw Leon run after her.
   "What was that?" Cami asked.
   "It was him, Leon." I said.
   "What?" She asked.
   "Yesterday, I heard Leon talking to Fran and he told her to stay away from me. Now that must have been to make him happy." I said.
   "Oh." She said.

  ~1 hour later~
   It was the end of the day. I went to the singing room, looking for my father. I heard a piano playing.
   Play the song now.
   It was amazing, I had some lyrics to go with it. Hear that melody, I thought of so much of something during the summer. We saw each other in the park.

   Flashback:
   "Diego, hey, we haven't seen each other all summer!" She said.
   she was playing a melody that was similar to the melody to our song that we are performing in the show.
   End flashback.

   I now realize, looking back on that memory I realized that, I was in love with her.

   Flashback:
      "What's up?" I asked.
   "Nothing." Maxi said.
   "Well your faces tell me otherwise."
   "Do you know what? Fran, come with me." Cami said.
  Cami took Fran into the singing room to talk. The guys and I stayed in the hall.
   "Guys what's going on? Are you okay?" I asked.
   "Diego, you need to say what you're feeling to Fran." Marco said.
   "What? No, there is nothing romantic between Fran and I." I said.
   "Yes you like her!" Maxi said. "And Cami is talking to Fran about the same thing!"
   "No, no, no! We don't feel anything for each other. Leave Fran alone."
   End flashback.

   I realize that I regret what I said that day. I love Fran, I wish she knew that. I wish I could tell her. She seemed so sad since yesterday after talking to Leon. I want to know why she feels like I don't see a light bulb when she gets the idea to lie to me. She acts fine, but I can tell that she is lying. She never seemed more depressed than the day her Aunt left, she voice seems sadder and quiet, she has trouble paying attention in class, she is crying a lot more than she does, she is a fighter but yet she seems weaker than ever. I hate seeing her like this. She was always so happy, she is no longer smiling, being happy, the only time she seems happy is when she is singing. Pablo and Angie noticed it as well and asked me if I knew what was going on, I told them that her Aunt had left, her uncle had died and that she isn't eating as much. I want her to get help, she may not want to get any, but I want her to. I am worried about her.
   "Amazing, I loved it, I think I will give you some lyrics to go with your song, maybe you should try it on the guitar?" I said.
   "Thanks." She said.
   "I have to go, I want you to be at that dance tomorrow." I said.