Chapter 24

Sara took one last horrified look in the mirror.  He could not be serious, how the hell was she supposed to go out in public dressed like this. let alone ride?

 The silver bodice top was made from a silk like material, but it stretched and clung to her body.  The bodice had a collar that stood up and wrapped around her neck.  The edges were piped with a lilac metallic rope.  Open at the throat the collar plunged down until it was closed at the top of her breasts with an oval amethyst jewel.  The material clung to her shape exactly, leaving nothing to the imagination.  Even the underside of her breasts were well defined. 

 Between her breasts, the silver bodice material was parted the rest of the way down until it hovered just above her belly button and laced intricately back together by silver rope. Underneath the rope lacing her skin was covered by a material that matched the colour of the jewel at her chest.  This material stopped a few inches higher than the hem of the bodice which dropped at an angle from her belly button down to the side to skim the tops of her hip bones. 

 Her shoulders were completely bare.  Opulent sleeves were attached to the bodice at the edges of her breasts and under her arms.  Three times wider than her own arm, they were held by more metallic piping, standing proud from the skin of her upper arm.  The sleeves were beautifully embellished at the hem at her wrist with more jewels.

 Even more terrifying than the top was the bottom half if you wanted to call it that.  Beautifully embroidered fabric of the deep amethyst colour piped heavily in silver this time to match the embroidery thread.  It pulled on like stepping into underwear.  To her right hand side the piped top met up with the bodice at her hip bone and was no more than six inches wide so her right leg was completely exposed right the way up to halfway up her hip.  From there, the weighted material dropped down and curled around the top of her right thigh and down, hugging her left inner thigh until it skimmed the top of her left knee.  The belt was heavy silver metal with an amethyst beneath her navel that hung across from hip to hip, but not tightly, again standing proud of her skin as if it just rested there.

 Long boots that fitted like a glove clad her legs.  They looked like leather that had been polished so highly to a glowing bronze colour.  The leather was inlaid with gold and bronze scrolls.  They extended up to her knees where the leather was split, before travelling up the backs of her legs and circling her thighs to midway up her thigh. 

 Wonderfully crafted silver and gold metal shielding, that swirled from midway up her shins was attached to the boots.  This shielding continued past where the leather ended at the bottom of her knee, so it gave a beautiful protection to the exposed front of her knees.

 She drew in a ragged breath, took one final look at herself then threw her shoulders back and made for the stairs.

 The waiting warriors heard her approach on the stairs.  Sara opened the door and stepped through.  As she did all trace of amusement died on Blaise’s features as his eyes took her in.  She was a vision.  She stood in the battle dress of the Ljósálfar Archers.  No mortal had ever worn such treasured attire.

 The top of her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail, leaving the rest of her hair free to flow down over her shoulders in a cloud of blonde waves that framed her face.  She held an expression of pride tinged by a subtle shyness.  He walked over to her taking her in, as he looked closely into her eyes he noticed her natural hazel irises were subtly different.  They were starting to change, the hazel had the tiniest amethyst sparks in them, so subtle that he was sure her mortal eyes had not seen them.

 Daeron coughed lightly as if to break the tension that now flooded the room. 

 “I will make sure all is ready for training my Lord.” Bowing slightly towards Sara without meeting her eyes, he turned and vanished through the door.