Chapter 23

They met Blaise as they walked back towards the cottage.  He strode towards them his cloak flaring out around him.  “We leave in two hours.  Martha is making preparations in the cottage.  Sara needs to get changed so we will meet you back at the cottage in an hour and a half.  Can you send word if Nimcraban returns with news,”

 “I will Blaise all will be ready.”  With that the old man was gone walking back towards his cottage.

 Sara had to jog trot to keep up alongside Blaise as he strode towards the cottage.  She could not tell if he was still angry with her.  He kept his face forward not speaking a grim set to his jaw. 

 “Blaise please I..”  he placed his finger on her lips to silence her without turning or breaking his relentless stride.  Her heart fluttered slightly but she held quiet as they neared the cottage.

 As soon as they were through the door he marched towards the granite kitchen she had only briefly seen this morning.  She walked after him anger starting to brood again.  She had only given him a mouthful because he had patronised her and assumed again that she could not cope.

 As soon as she reached the kitchen she was whisked off her feet and seated onto the granite work surface.  Even then he had to place his hands either side of where she was sat to bring his eyes down to her level.

 His face was inches from hers his eyes unreadable.  “You want no special treatment because you are a mortal. Do I have that right?”  his breath fanned across her face as he spoke.

 “If I need to be changed then I will agree to it but only if I need it, and can assure you I do need it to ride that horse” The stubbornness had returned to her voice.

 His eyes lit with humour and an evil smile touched his lips “Then you will need to know a few points before you try.  Turaanar is a wild horse from the Othar Plains.  They bond with only one rider and are loyal to the death only to them.  You will note she wears no saddle and the bridle is ornamental.  The communication between horse and rider is through body contact alone.”

 Sara jutted her chin out “That is fine by me she was always light in her mouth anyway.”

 As his grin widened she realised she had walked into a trap.  “Excellent then you won’t mind wearing the required riding attire of the Ljósálfar for such horses.  It is only what Linwe would have to wear on such an occasion.”

 He placed a clothes bag on the counter next to her. 

 “No that is fine.” She stated rashly.

 “Excellent.”  He grinned widely at her. 

 “You called me an Oaf.”  He leaned closer to her.

 “Yes, yes I did call you an oaf.”  She nodded at him starting to feel the humour in this.

They met Blaise as they walked back towards the cottage.  He strode towards them his cloak flaring out around him.  “We leave in two hours.  Martha is making preparations in the cottage.  Sara needs to get changed so we will meet you back at the cottage in an hour and a half.  Can you send word if Nimcraban returns with news,”

 “I will Blaise, all will be ready.”  With that the old man was gone walking back towards his cottage.

 Sara had to jog trot to keep up alongside Blaise as he strode towards the cottage.  She could not tell if he was still angry with her.  He kept his face forward not speaking a grim set to his jaw. 

 “Blaise, please, I..”  he placed his finger on her lips to silence her without turning or breaking his relentless stride.  Her heart fluttered slightly, but she held quiet as they neared the cottage.