Chapter Four

RPOV

Nathan gave me a dog-tag, you know those things that military guys wear to make sure if they die they're identified properly. It had his name on it and phone number. He also ended up giving me a credit card and some more decent clothes to wear. Since he had put me in charge of Alexandra, he was allowing me to go out if only for a few hours a day.

We as in Alexandra and I went out once a week to get food and new clothes. I had a feeling that even though Alexandra and I were allowed out, we were being watched. He wouldn't just let us out right? Or maybe he knew that I would always come back to him.

Thanks to this freedom I'd found that we were in fact in Russia, in a city that I could not for the life me pronounce and it was almost always cold. Alexandra grew at the normal rate of any other child despite how fast she grew in my stomach. She was five now.

"mama, this one!" I shook my head and turned to see my bubbly little girl holding up a frilly pink skirt. I smiled. But it was only shortlived. We both realized that her father wouldn't like it. Pink was not allowe din the house.

"You know he won't like it." I said, putting it back on the rack for her. I had no idea how she'd even been able to grab it. I shuffled through the racks, ignoring her sad little face. "It comes in black?" I said, trying to make her a little happier.

"Okay mama," She did like it. She just wanted the pink one more. I looked down at Alexandra's feet.

"You need new shoes, A." I said continuing to rummage through the sales racks. The shoes she wore at the moment were almost ripped through. The department store was obviously all in Russian and I definitely did not know Russian. Alexandra however knew both English and Russian as best as a five year old could. All the cartoons on the TV were in Russian. I continued searching for clothes and after a while I was satisfied with three outfits. She held up a pair of blue sneakers. "Try those on." She jumped onto the stood that was taller than she was. It was difficult getting them on her when she continually kicked her feet. She smiled once they were on. They were her favorite.

We went over to a small café in the mall that she liked. It was the only place that served Mac and Cheese. And it was there that I involuntarily got sucked into Lisa's head for the first time in years. She was not inside the wards. She was somewhere else.

"How do you know she's here?" It was Christian's voice. I couldn't see him. He must've been behind her.

"I told. Someone told me that they saw her." She was still looking for me. Oh man Lisa. She needed to stop before someone got hurt. Then I noticed the surroundings. They were less than a mile way. I shot out of her head and gasped.

"Mommy, are you okay?" I looked at my daughter. Her head was tilted to the side in the cutest way ever. She made me smile. Her lips were covered in cheese.

"I'm fine sweetheart. Finish your lunch." I picked up my napkin and wiped her mouth. Nathan would be waking up soon and we needed to be home before that happened. I paid for the food. The car was in the park west-end parking garage. I strapped her into the backseat and together we made our way back to the large estate. Nathan was up by the time I'd parked and found the elevator.

"Rose!" Nathan called the second I'd opened the doors. I looked at Alexandra.

"Stay here and watch TV." I watched as she jumped onto the couch and grabbed the remote.

"Y-yes sir?" I asked taking a deep breath and poking my head inside the doorway. He opened his arms in a welcoming gesture. I smiled and walked into his embrace. He kissed my head and as I looked up kissed my lips. He trailed my cheekbone. He growled, a sign of possession, as he got closer to my neck. He nipped me playfully and I moaned with enthusiasm. More. He continued to nip at my skin before biting down and drinking. I let out another moan as he growled once more. This was my life now. I had become accustomed to it.

Unfortunately, the only thing I wasn't able to handle was him beating on my daughter. He got angry. A lot. And instead of punching my face in, he preferred hers. There had been this incident a few years ago. Nathan had come back from whatever he did for Galina pissed as hell. Alexandra had been by the door playing with a doll I'd gotten for her. Before I could even register his presence, he'd grabbed her by her shirt and had thrown her into the wall. After that, I'd kept her close or as close as I could. If something every happened to her, I'd never forgive myself. Nathan... the addiction had taken over too long ago. All he had to do was neglect me for a week and I'd forgive him.

AHPOV

Barney was on when the doorbell rang. I ignored it because I wasn't really supposed to open the door. I turned to look at mommy and daddys bedroom but they didn't come out. The person knocked again. When Daddy didn't come out I jumped off the couch and walked over to the front door. I reached up and turned the knob. Then I gulped. Galina pulled it open.

"Where's Nathan?" She sounded bored. I hated her.

"Bedroom." I muttered crossing my arms. She started walking over there. I ran after her.

"B-but no one's allowed back there!" I said as she pushed the door open. By the look dad gave me I was in a LOT of trouble.