Chapter Twelve

RPOV

Dimitri brushed a hand over my neck. He didn't look like the Dimitri I once knew. He looked broken. His guardian mask was gone. "Roza," He whispered. "What did they do to you?" He didn't understand that I liked it. I didn't answer him. I looked away. Adrian knew. He knew what I was thinking.

"Nathan is the reason I'm not a Strigoi." I told him. "Everything I do is to protect my daughter. Everything." Dimitri nodded. Lisa scoffed. She used to be my best friend. Now, I wasn't so sure. How could she not see that I had a child to look after? I knew she was pregnant too, and I felt awful for doing this to her. I took a deep breath. Christian was laying with his head on Lisa's lap. He was facing away from me. His forehead was pressed against her stomach. "What's wrong with Sparky?" I asked. Adrian sighed.

"They're drinking from him." He said quietly. I contemplated yelling at Nathan. I didn't' though. They didn't know he was listening. It would be bad if I revealed that. Dimitri's hand found mine. It comforted me a bit.

"Guys, I am so sorry."

"Bull." Lisa said, refusing to look at me. Adrian looked like he was going to hit her.

"How does he treat you?" Eddie asked.

"Better than the beginning." It was true. They were waiting for me to elaborate. I didn't. Someone would start talking eventually.

"What's up with Alexa?" Adrian said clearing his throat. "She's been blocking me lately." Good.

"She got a concussion." I said softly. "She's getting better..." She was actually getting worse. I was worried some day she wouldn't wake up. She was having vision problems too. I'd been trying to get her glasses. He'd said hell no. Adrian's eyes turned angry.

"How the hell did she get a concussion?" Dimitri looked confused. He had a right to be.

"It's a long story that I'd rather not get into." The truth: If Alexandra wanted to tell Adrian she wouldn't have been blocking him. Thank God Adrian didn't push it. He'd probably figured as much.

"Does he hurt you Rose?" Eddie. Wasn't he persistent.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Adrian piped in. Now I wanted to kill him.

"He refuses to drink from her." I glared at him. There was no need for him to say anything.

"You're upset when he... doesn't bite you?" Eddie sounded so confused. I wasn't sure what to say.

"I... Look I can't help that I like when he bites me. If I do what he wants I get what I want. I've earned not being chained to a wall. I've earned my daughter's safety! I've even earned trips to the mall with my daughter. Which I lost, ha, by the way when I had to jump between a pissed of Strigoi and my screaming daughter!" Eddie took a step back. I must've had a really pissed off look on my face. Dimitri gave me a soft look. Lisa stood up and walked over to the bars. I held my breath.

"You really are delusional." She said, although she didn't seem pissed anymore. Just... surprised.

"Lis-"She and Adrian took a step back. I knew why. Nathan wrapped an arm around my waist. Adrian's eyes lowered to the ground for only second before his head shot back up. His eyes went wide. I knew what he saw. I nodded once before Nathan pulled me away.

Our new home was beautiful. The ceilings were high since we were in a penthouse. There were two bedrooms, even a loft with its own balcony like the master suite. Box's laid on top of each other in the living room. The bedrooms came with their own furniture. Almost immediately I asked Nathan if he'd let me lay down for a bit. I was starting to get really bad cramps. Luckily he let me. Alexandra didn't know what to do. I could see it on her face. Guess what I heard once the door was shut? "Alexa? Would you help me unpack... please?" Nathan being nice to her? Unheard of!

I almost squealed when I noticed the flat screen hanging on the wall. Now I didn't have to leave the bed. I was too excited. For once I fell asleep on a soft bed with the news on.

Nathan's hands touched my body. He kissed me everywhere. His head buried in my neck and I felt his mouth open. My heart rate spiked. Then... he stopped. He was straddling me when he sat up straight. My face fell. He was breathing heavily as was I.

"W-we can't." Nathan spoke firmly.

"Why not?" I half whined.

"You're pregnant." Oh. My. God.

"Nathan if you wait until I give birth I'll go crazy. O-one nip!" Nathan rubbed his eyes.

"takeAlexandrashoppingtomorrow." He spoke in a rush. He had to be kidding right? "Get some more food and new clothes for the baby." He didn't want me to leave after the child was born. I understood perfectly.

"Why don't you just bite me instead?" There was a light smile playing at his lips.

"No Rosie." But as he said that he got closer and closer to my neck. As much as he didn't want to bite me he did. He bit in really hard making me cry out. Then the endorphins set in. I sighed. "You're going to have to pleasure me now Rosie." At this point was too high to ignore him.

I slept wrapped in his arms my face buried in his chest. Life seemed to be getting a little happier. Alexandra and I got to go shopping together once a week. Nathan tried to talk to her more. He even bought her a stuffed animal for her birthday. Then everything started getting out of control yet again.

2 months later

I was officially three months along and my stomach had swelled a little bit larger than the size of a watermelon. For the last week Alexandra had gotten a very small fever. It wasn't much but it was something. She spent the days and nights either in bed or puking in the toilet. She required a lot more blood since most of it was getting puked up. I spent as much time as I could with her.

It was a Thursday. Nathan had left me to take care of her. Alexandra was completely out of it. I laid with her and watched the news. I had her covered with blankets and robes, anything to keep her warm. It was going okay until she started crying in her sleep. I put the thermometer in her mouth and almost cried when it beeped. 104.