Chapter Seventeen

RPOV

"Nathan!" I screamed. I was so pissed. My daughter had bite marks on her neck. They were already beginning to fade but they were there. Luka was three days old today.

"I don't need the attitude Rosie." Nathan growled taking a step towards me.

"Who's been drinking from Alexandra?" He smiled. Alexa snuggled closer to me.

"I told Tanya she could."

"She's a child.

"Do you think I care? She's a food source Rosie, just like you." He pursed his lips. "You've been living in this fantasy world where you've thought we're equal for way too long. Now that Luka's here there are going to be changes. You will not be allowed to leave the apartment. You're only jobs are to satisfy me and feed me." His voice was cold and uncaring. He was Strigoi. I had to obey him. But I forgot in that moment.

"Thank you Nathan for telling me what I'm suppose to do. But she's a CHILD." He slapped me. He actually slapped me! HE grabbed my neck and pulled me up to his face.

"I will say this one more time. I. Do not. Care." He dropped me and turned around. "Come Alexandra." He said in his normal voice. She jumped out of range of my arm and ran off, mouthing sorry. Slowly, ignoring the pain between my thighs, I stood up. Luka continued o cry. Once in the kitchen I put a bag of blood in the microwave. It would've been faster and easier to give him my wrist but that kid could drink. Luka's right hand clung to my shirt. I turned towards the living area where Nathan sat next to Alexa. He was bent down whispering in her ear. She was nodding vigorously. Whatever he was telling her wasn't good. He appeared next to me and I almost dropped Luka. "You shouldn't be out of bed." Was he pretending our conversation five minutes ago hadn't happened. He sounded like he actually cared.

"Figured you wouldn't care for food." I snapped. No, I wasn't going to allow him to forget what he'd said to me. He narrowed his eyes.

"Get over yourself Rosie." Someone knocked on the door. Tanya materialized and opened it.

"Oh hey Maxie!" Tanya said smiling. Max walked in, smiling.

"Hey Tanya. Long time no see." Tanya had a crush on max. I could see it written all over her face. Nathan handed me the bottle. I hadn't heard the microwave beep.

"Thanks." I whispered slipping the bottle into Luka's mouth.

"So this is the boy I've been hearing so much about?" Max had made his way around Tanya and was now leaning on the countertop. Luka moved the bottle with his mouth. I held it tighter.

"Probably." Nathan said. "What are you doing here?" Tanya squeezed under Max's arm.

"Probably because he wants to be here. Isn't that right Max?" max smiled and didn't try to remove his arms from her shoulders. Tanya was shorter than him by two or three inches. "I was wondering what you were up to later?" He wasn't lying but I could tell it wasn't the whole truth.

"Galina gave Tanya and me an assignment in the city." Tanya puckered her lips.

"I could do it later." She said hopefully. Nathan snarled at her.

"You will not. Sorry max." I thought I saw Max smile again but it was quick.

"Oh, it's cool."

"But if you wanted to you could babysit my pets. We'll be gone a good part of the day. Rose isn't supposed to leave her bed." I looked up him. He'd told me before to avoid Max when he wasn't here.

"Sure," He said shrugging. "What time?"

"About half and hour." I took a deep breath.

Nathan and Tanya left around midnight. Luka slept in Alexa's arms. His hand was holding a piece of her hair. "make sure you're supporting the head." I told her laying a hand on her forehead.