Chapter Eight

AHPOV

My room was small. It was just a closet with a mattress. I didn't mind it. I was only in there to sleep. Momma kissed me on the forehead and told me she loved me before shutting the door. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. I didn't understand why Momma was so worried about Spirit.

Adrian was waiting for me by what he called the ocean. I'd never been to one before but Adrian told me it was pretty awesome. "Alexa?" Adrian called. I ran into his arms quietly crying.

"I sorry Adrian! Momma got it out of me." He knelt down in front of me.

"What do you mean kiddo?"

"Momma told me o stop using Spirit and I accidentally told her about you." Adrian kept the smile on his face. He wasn't mad at me?

"Why did she tell you to stop with Spirit?" I didn't want to tell him. I looked down at my shoes. "You can tell me."

"I yelled at Daddy in front of Max." His aura turned a soft blue. He wasn't mad.

"Do you want to stop learning?" I shook my head.

"I want to be with you." And it was true. Adrian made me feel safe. Almost as safe as I felt with Momma.

"Do you want to keep learning? I can always come see you whether or not you want to learn."

"I want to learn." It was the truth. Adrian kissed me on the forehead. "But I don't want to lie to Momma anymore." I don't like lying.

"That's okay," The dream was fading.

"Adrian?" I asked a little scared.

"It's not me Alex. Someone's waking you up." The dream ended. When my eyes opened it wasn't Mommy. It was Galina.

"Morning Kid." She hissed. I tried to get away but she was too fast. She grabbed my arm and yanked me towards her. She held a hand over my mouth as I screamed. Daddy sat on the couch watching the news. He wouldn't help me. Galina's fangs slipped into my neck and I passed out.

When I woke up I was in another home on the floor. My neck hurt. "How're you feeling?" Max called from the kitchen. I sat up slowly. I didn't answer him. He set a bowl of cereal in front of me. "Eat." I did as I was told. "I'm just watching you." He said. "Until your mom is free." I didn't ask what he meant. I'd never been allowed out without Momma. Max smiled. He was too close.

RPOV

I was pacing back and forth in front of Nathan. He was laying there calmly watching me. "I want to see my daughter." He shook his head.

"No." I brushed my hands through my hair. "She's leverage. Galina's not giving her back until you do what you're told."

"She's just a child." Nathan rolled his eyes.

"Do you what your fucking told." He was holding my throat in seconds. He dropped me and pushed me into the bedroom. "Get dressed. Now." I took my time going to the closet. I pulled out jeans, a shirt and a scarf. The less of my neck people saw the better."Hurry up Rosie." Right now I hated him. Throwing the shirt I'd just recently picked up I stormed over to him.

"Why the hell are you doing this Nathan?"

"It's my job Rosie." He growled at me.

"Alexandra is your daughter!" Nathan took a step back. I felt a bit nauseous being so close to him. I could see his fangs.

"She's a Moroi Rosie. Now hurry it up!" I brushed a hand down his chest.

"Nathan." I whispered. He tilted my chin up with his index finger. He lightly kissed me. Unfortunately I couldn't control myself. I kissed back hard. "Bite me..." I moaned. He grinned during the kisses. Then abruptly he took a step back.