Chapter Seven

RPOV

Nathan kept me locked in the bedroom for well over a week. I was pissed. I spent the day aimlessly pacing the room and talking to Alexandra from the other side of the door. She was hungry. I knew that. Nathan wasn't bothering to feed her. When he'd said that he wouldn't take care of her he'd been serious. "Rose." I was staring out the tinted window, watching moon. "Rose!" Sighing I turned around with my hands on my hips.

"What Nathan?" I said pursing my lips. He narrowed his eyes.

"Don't give me that attitude." He snapped. I was still pissed. I wasn't going to hide that from him.

"Whatever." He materialized in front of me and slapped me across the face. I kept my face pissed. Shaking his head he grabbed me around the neck and pushed me up to the wall. My feet were about an inch off the ground and his body was pressed to mine. My hand went to his wrist. His red eyes were inches from mine.

"You need to lower the attitude." He growled. "It's not fucking okay." When I didn't respond he growled and threw me to the ground. "You know I can take away the endorphins. I can make it hurt." I looked away.

"Daddy?" My whole body tensed. Alexandra. "I'm hungry." Nathan rolled his eyes. I couldn't see her as I was propped up on the other side of the bed, but I knew immediately that this was going to go bad. I could tell by the look on Nathan's face

"Then eat."

"There's no food." Nathan narrowed his eyes.

"Then I can't help you."

"But I'm hungry!" I couldn't believe she was talking back to Nathan.

"Excuse me?" He hissed.

"I'm hungry!" I heard footsteps.

"Is everyone alright in here?" Max was over. Well, that was fantastic. Max and Nathan were as close as Strigoi got to having friends. They'd been changed together by Galina ten years ago. Max was relatively handsome with light brown hair and freckles just were just noticeable under the eyes and nose. Nathan's face scared the crap out of me.

"I'm hungry!" Oh, she was not screaming.

"Shut up!" Nathan hissed.

"No! I want food!"

"Don't you talk to me like that!"

"I'll talk to you however I want daddy!" Nathan growled. It was low and menacing. I forced myself up.

"Rose." Nathan growled. "Just... take care of this." I was very impressed that he hadn't hit her yet. I rushed over and picked her up, just careful to avoid touching Max.

"Why did you do that?" She just glared at me. I didn't dare ask her about Spirit. There was no doubt in my mind that that had triggered her little episode.

"I'm sorry." She whispered after a while. I shook my head.

"You can't just... you can't do that." I told her. "How much?" I asked. She looked away.

"A little," She said. She sighed. "okay, a lot." It was Lisa all over again, and my daughter was only five. The Spirit had to stop.

"It needs to stop. Now." She bit her lip. Her face got red.

"No Mamma! I-it-" I shook my head.

"Alexa-"

"But I like Adrian." I tensed. No. Fucking. Way.

"How do you know Adrian?"

NPOV

I wanted to kill her. I couldn't believe that of all things, Alexandra had screamed at me. And of course Max had to of been there. I couldn't hit her. Galina needed Rose to trust me. "Did you see her eyes?" Max said. I looked over at him.