Chapter TwentyOne

APOV

Alexa disappeared for a moment and reappeared with the sleeping baby. I picked up Lisa. Christian took his child. "They're going to change her." Dimitri told us. Alexa's little eyes went wide.

"Follow me." She whispered. I couldn't believe how fast that kid was. He rushed back the way we'd come and up to the first floor only to freeze. Dhamphirs swarmed the premises. Now we knew why they'd run. We put our hands up as they rushed us.

"King Ozera," One said in a heavy Russian accent. One took Lisa and rushed her outside to an awaiting vehicle.

"Alexa go with them." I said. She shook her head. "You don't have a choice." A guardian took her hand and she glared at him.

"My rooms on the top floor." She looked at the floor. "C-could you grab my teddy bear?" She whispered that in Russian. I kissed her on the cheek and nodded. The guardian pulled her away.

"Be careful with her."

NPOV

Rose lay on the bed pale as I ghost. I was shaking I was so mad at her. She would suffer. Id make sure of it. I bit my wrist, peeling off the skin so that it dripped and rested it over her mouth. My phone rang. It was Galina.

"Nate-" Max? He was breathing heavily. "Look, something happened. Your daughter... she got ahold of Tanya's phone and gave it to the prisoners. They called Guardians." It sounded like he dodged something. "shit." He muttered. "L-listen. This –this is coming from Galina. Luka is your only priority. Get him out of there." He paused. "Don't fight okay? Hide with him. We'll meet up in our Western location. You know where it is." The call disconnected. I swore. That no good- Blood dripped down Rose's face. I pulled back and lifted Luka into my arms. I rushed into the bedroom and made him a quick bottle. Back in the bedroom I peeked out window. Max hadn't been kidding about the guardians. I went to leave just as the front door broke open. I dove into the closet, and crouched in the far corner. Every inch of me was telling me to fight. But I knew better. I gave Luka the bottle so he wouldn't start crying.

APOV

I had to fight the guardian into letting me come along. Apparently Dimitri knew some of these guys. We took the elevator up to the top floor. The guards barged through the door. I could see proof of living. The coffee table had scattered papers on it. Bottles sat on the counter. Blankets were spread on the couch along with a brown teddy bear. I grabbed it for Alexa. Her asking for it was Six year old behavior; finally coming from her. She didn't act like a typical five year old. Dimitri came out of the back room holding Rose, bloodied and bruised. Her head was curled into his chest, passed out. There was blood on the corner of her lip. Please tell me that wasn't Strigoi blood.

"Let's get the fuck out of here." He couldn't have said it better myself.

AHPOV

I thought we would go to the hospital instead we continued driving. Dimitri told me it wasn't safe no matter how critical mamma was. We drove to the airport and boarded a plane. I held my teddy bear tight and sat beside mamma and Lisa. Christian held his daughter in the front and Adrian and Dimitri stayed with me. Another Dhamphir worked on mamma, sticking needles into her arm and giving her blood.

"She has Strigoi blood in her system." He said slowly. His face seemed to pale."If she dies within twenty four hours, she's going to wake up again." Adrian had started sweating. I tucked myself into his shoulder and he rubbed my back absentmindedly. Eighteen hours passed and eventually we were told we were landing. Mamma didn't wake up but Lisa did. She was disoriented and threw up but other than that fine. At the moment she was sitting in a chair drinking water and holding her daughter. She continued saying that she was thirsty but Christian kept saying that there weren't any donors on the plane whatever that meant. The plane landed and an ambulance met us on the terminal and lifted mom inside. They didn't turn on their siren. Adrian said that the small hospital was only a five minute drive from where we were. Apparently this place was protected from Strigoi. I was used to living with them so not seeing any was strange to me.

"Do you know if my dad sold my apartment?" I heard Adrian ask. The guy laughed. Somehow that was funny... but Adrian looked serious. The guy stopped and patted his jeans.

"No... no he didn't but he was getting close." Adrian stretched his arm out for me.

"Come on A." I took his hand.

"Aren't we going to see mamma?"

"In a little bit. You need to rest and I desperately need a shower" HE led me through a beautiful garden. People turned to stare as we passed. I'd never seen so many Moroi in one place before. Adrian's house was huge. (remember a five year old's view on huge when she's lived in an apartment her whole life) A chandelier stood in the entryway and there was even a staircase. Adrian carried me up the steps and laid me down in a blue walled bedroom. I opened my mouth to speak but I was too comfortable. I fell asleep.

RPOV

I recognized these dreams too well. I sat on a park bench and wrapped my arms around my knees. My whole body was shaking. I felt sick. What was wrong with me? I felt his eyes burning into the back of my head. "How are you?" Adrian asked. I looked over at him.

"What do you mean?" Man my voice sounded like shit.

"Rose." He said "Do you know what happened?" My blood froze.

"What do you mean?" I asked once again. Adrian rested a hand on my shoulder.

"We're back in New York; me you Lisa, Dimitri, Eddie, Alexa. We're home." He was smiling. No. nononononono! I was shaking my head.

"Alexa snuck out of your apartment. She brought us a phone and stole her dad's keys. Eddie called guardians. We're all safe. All of us." He didn't understand that I was upset.

"Take me back." I said blatantly. Adrian went stock-still.

"Rose-"

"Take. Me. Back."