Breath, 숨이 차오르고

Creator: Marlo

Words: 4280

Site: AO3

Description:
Taehyung's photo was a nice photo indeed. But he wonders if the word " here " drawn very big just above the very convenient silk scarf around his neck was really necessary.

Story:

It was finally the last day of photoshoot. This was the last place where they were going to shoot for the concept photos of their upcoming album, a professional studio a bit far from their dorm, almost outside of the city but still in Seoul anyways. That was the main reason why everyone that finished their part of work had already left to rest, being almost midnight now. The sooner you left the sooner you were in bed, comfy and warm and ready to treasure every second of sleep before facing another day of tight schedule. Not even Jimin was there anymore, he that usually stayed and waited for the miserable one that went last whether they were taking photos, filming individual scenes for some video or even singing.

If you told him that really he didn’t need to stay, Jimin would say “Don’t worry it’s okay! This way you don’t have to go back to the dorm alone. I’m not tired”, even when everyone knew it wasn’t true.

Although right now he wishes they were all there –it would be easier to be energetic and keep his tired eyes open just from the noise– Taehyung doesn’t really care if Jimin, or anyone, leaves him behind. He never does. He would do the same, he actually has many times before. Pre-comeback days were always like a survival game and everyone understood that. At least Hoseok is there with him, lovely Hoseok is right in the chair besides his getting the last makeup touches, looking at something in his phone. And there’s a bed too, that’s where they both will be in a few minutes posing for the camera.

So Taehyung might not be in his warm bed as soon as everyone else, but he will be in a bed with a warm Hoseok, and to him that’s good enough. If Taehyung thinks it better, he’s enjoying being left alone with him, even if they aren’t doing nothing but work and even if he feels himself falling asleep in the chair while someone fixes his hair. It’s hard for him to remember the last time they were together, just the two of them, be it on free time or working diligently through some schedule. It’s even harder to remember the last time they did what the world commonly saw as couple things, like make out, fuck, or just cuddle. It’s quite saddening now that he realizes how much he misses doing those things with Hoseok and how much he misses Hoseok himself. They were so caught up in work that they barely had time to think about it, think about them.

Taehyung is thinking all of this while looking at him, or more like looking at his reflection in the mirror in front of them. More accurately he was openly staring at Hoseok and everything he was doing, following his every movement with predator-like eyes, like the way he closed his eyes when the makeup brush was too close to them, the way he scratched his scalp slightly with his left index finger or the way he was pouting at whatever was on his screen phone.

Taehyung was so mesmerized by how pretty Hoseok’s lips were and how much he wanted to kiss that pout away that he realized late that Hoseok had caught him staring, only doing so when he lifted his gaze to keep staring at his face and accidentally meeting his eyes.

Hoseok raises an eyebrow at him questioningly as he can’t speak currently with a brush attacking his lips with a bit of pink balm. Taehyung closes his mouth, not knowing until then that he had it slightly open. He breaks the eye contact, suddenly his hands much more interesting. He shakes his head lightly in response as he moves a bit in his seat trying not to disturb the noona that was doing his hair, currently adding volume to his blonde locks with curling irons. It would be a problem if he accidentally burns one of his ears for moving too much. He’s genuinely embarrassed for being caught up staring so shamelessly, even if it was his boyfriend the one he was looking at.