Stranger

Creator: Yoonseokxual

Words: 3329

Site: AO3

Description: Taehyung finds himself alone, single, for the first time in what seems to be forever. He's drunk, he's disgusted with himself, and he's in the middle of a dirty neighborhood, desperate to get over the past.

Story:
It’s been five long years.

Three exhausting years he’d wasted on maintaining a toxic relationship with someone who did not give two shits about him. Four years he’d be looking out for a boy who caused him nothing but pain and five since he first got false hope from his – now ex – boyfriend.

But all that shit didn’t matter anymore. Those five excruciating years were behind him.

He was free now.

Taehyung brought beer to his mouth, slurping it angrily like he hadn’t had any liquid in weeks. It dripped down his face but at this point, he was too wasted to bother looking proper. His heart was torn to shreds, his mind nothing but a blurry mess. He loved getting drunk more than anything.

He walked down an alley, the dim streetlights making the atmosphere appear rather bleak and lifeless. This shady neighborhood didn’t suit his - usual clean - physique with it’s dirty streets and police sirens constantly audible, but this was the furthest he could go while staying in the city.

He was definitely sad and careless, a frail heartbroken soul, drinking his worries away at 2 AM in the buoyant city streets. He could hear the various club’s upbeat rhythms, making the ground vibrate slightly under his soles, adding an extra effect to his own buzz. Intoxicated feminine laughter echoed through his eardrums as he stumbled from one block to another.

He had been to – too many – clubs before. He found great pleasure in dancing and mingling amidst a clammy crowd, but sadly, he always ended up being terribly bored after the first hour. To him, everything they played in the mainstream clubs sounded like one huge song despite the DJ obviously changing the tracks.

These days, he would just stick to finding underground venues that hosted events with unknown DJs and artists. It was a shame though, his partner never let him go to these exciting events. He was overly jealous and possessive. He didn’t want Taehyung to have fun without him.

But at times, Taehyung would ignore him and go enjoy his youth till the break of dawn. It’s a shame he always felt guilty the next morning. The hangover would painfully weigh him down, he’d cave in and always ended up confessing his “poor actions’’.

No one could stop him now. Those remorse-filled mornings were a story of the past.

He pulled out his phone, desperate to make the pain go away through sweat instead of tears, and looked for something that may be of interest in the area he was currently in. To his misfortune, there was nothing. It was quite normal considering it was a tuesday night. The clubs were closing soon anyways,

He sighed. Guess it’s a sign I should go home instead.

*

‘’Sir, we don’t sell alcohol past 11pm.’’

“I don’t care… just let me buy this fucking beer! It’s just one! No one’s gonna even notice!’’

Taehyung is enraged. He wanted more alcohol and this stupid cashier wouldn’t let him buy it. His current behavior was unusual, perhaps because he was so utterly heartsore and drunk, but he was determined to find a solution to dull the growing pain in his chest. At this point, he didn’t really have a choice other than to find somewhere to drink ‘til he passed out.