Lost In Love 24

Okay, This is the last chapter.  I hope you have enjoyed reading.

A few minutes later Doctor Mason’s car parked behind his own.  This was it.  He had ordered Becky not to speak to him and Doctor Mason was going to kill him and hide his body.

Doctor Mason left his car with a hurry in his actions.  Trent stood to greet the man but was cut off by his words.

“Where’s Becky?”

“She’s not coming to the door,” Trent answered with confusion.

Doctor Mason began fumbling with his keys as he made his way to Becky’s front door.  This caused alarm bells in Trent.  The man hadn’t mentioned him defiling his daughter at all.  Any father would be furious by Trent’s actions towards their daughter.

“What’s going on Doctor Mason?  I was supposed to meet Becky here a half hour ago.”

“I was on the telephone with her when I hear a loud noise and the call cut off.  She was walking home most of the call but I know that she had made it into her house before the call cut.”  Doctor Mason could tell that this alarmed Trent by the pale look on his face.  He finally found his key to his daughter’s house and turned the doorknob.

“Doctor Mason,” Trent held the man in place by his shoulder, “you might want to let me go in first; someone could still be in the house if she was attacked.”  Doctor Mason nodded and moved to the side allowing Trent access to the home.

Thoughts were running crazy in Trent’s mind as he entered the home.  Most scenarios centered on Nolan having attacked Becky.  He peered into the living room to see pink roses spread across the floor with shards of glass mixed in.  They were too fresh to be any flower Trent had given to Becky.

His footsteps brought him to the edge of the kitchen where he saw Becky propped up by the back door.  There were fresh gashes on her arms and legs.  The blood was still wet but not dripping.  Her pants were beside her and her shirt was torn almost off her body. 

Trent moved to Becky and kneeled down to her.  He took her face in his hands to examine her more closely.  There were bruises on her neck where he had been kissing only a few hours before.  He recognized the bite marks that Nolan had left with his last attack and knew that at least one of his scenarios was on target.

Becky began to cry when her eyes focused on Trent.  He had saved her.  He didn’t know it yet, but he had.  Nolan had been waiting on her as she entered her home.  He was angry that Trent had spent the night with her.  She had pleaded with him and said that nothing had happened, but he didn’t believe her.  Nolan had told her that he had watched as she and Trent had walked to his house.  He had seen how Trent had kissed her so roughly and how she had seemed to enjoy it.

Nolan had screamed at her that he would treat her rough and began to jerk her around and bite her again.  She had prayed that Trent would come but it seemed like forever before he had knocked at the front door.  Becky had tried to scream but Nolan had put his hand over her face restricting her breaths.  Nolan had hit Becky on her temple knocking her into a haze so she wouldn’t fight him anymore.  She had been aware of Nolan trying to drag her out her back door but then he hit her again and left.

She had woken from her haze to see Trent with his concerned face over hers.  She couldn’t stop the tears as she saw her father enter the kitchen and gasp behind Trent.

Doctor Mason went to his daughter.  Trent, knowing that she needed medical attention moved out of his way.

Trent swiped his hand over his face in a weak attempt to clear his head.  He couldn’t let Nolan get away with this and he wasn’t sure if Becky would even press charges; she hadn’t last time.  A flash of anger took him as he thought about the pain and turmoil that could have been avoided if Becky had called the police after Nolan’s last attack.