Chapter 20.| Lies

Author's POV

After the CEO-nim told everyone to come to his office, Jimin decided to take matters into his own hands and find Chaeyoung.

He looked in all the storage rooms, asked after her, went upstairs, checked the toilets and there she was.

Chaeyoung sat on the toilet and cried her eyes out.

She wasn't breathing properly because she was in so much pain.

Not physically, but emotionally.

Jimin's heart broke as he watched the poor girl that he once loved be so affected by something he could have prevented.

Chaeyoung stopped crying as she looked up to see Jimin with a very worried expression on his face.

They stared at each other deeply until Jimin broke it and came closer to her.

"Hey, stop crying Chae." Jimin wrapped his arm around her as she stroked on her rose golden hair to soothe her pain.

"Jimin why? Why is this happening to me? To us?!" Chaeyoung asked Jimin revealing her red, puffy eyes.

Jimin felt his heart shatter again.

"I don't know.. b-but I'm sorry Chaeyoung." Jimin breathed out. "It's all Seulgi's fault but-"

Chaeyoung's face lit up in shock. "What?!"

Chaeyoung breathed out loudly, running her hair through her scalp in stress.

"Jimin why are you still with her?!" Chaeyoung suddenly half screamed.

Jimin hushed her and pulled her back into his embrace to calm her down before meeting the CEO. "Chaeyoung, you need to calm down because we need to m-"

"Jimin you don't fucking understand me do you?!" Chaeyoung asked Jimin but he just stared at her confused.

"God, I'm so so in love with you!"

Jimin's POV

No, she can't be in love with me!

She's too good for me.

Chaeyoung is such a fragile but strong girl, but she's permanently damaged by me, and all I'll do is hurt her again!

She deserves someone like Jungkook.

Just not me😞.

I was too deep in my thoughts to notice that Chaeyoung was glaring at me whilst more tears streamed down her beautiful face.

"Say something Jimin?!"

I immediately broke the eye contact as she spoke again.

"No,no you heard me incorrectly!" I shouted looking away. "It was me that posted the video Chaeyoung! You need to forget about me!" I lied leaving her dumbfounded.

"Jimin PLEASE!" Her voice cracked as I left.

I immediately burst into tears.

I grabbed a fistful of my hair and grabbed it in anger.

Why is life so fucking unfair?!

AN// sorry for the short chapter? I'll explain the aftermath in the next because the CEO has a lot to say.

Imagine seeing your 2 idol groups fighting backstage after someone posted a sex tape on their debut showcase with hundreds of reporters?

You would be fuming.