Chapter 13: Someone's in the shadows

Baaack! Finally. I'm so sorry you all for have been so long with updating, but there have been future preparing, work stuff and so much more.
I literally think my life tries to kill me with all it throws at me (-_-#)

Kyoya: Less complaining kid. Hard work is everything.

Geez, thank you. I missed you too.
Back on track. Here comes chapter 13.

Disclaimer: Own nothing, but plot and the OCs.

Enjoy ;)
________________________________________________________________

At the WBBA-hq in a restroom/My POV

A couple days after I had fallen asleep at WBBA's headquarter, I still was bedridden and covered from top to toe as a bad imitation of a mummy. The time was mostly used on sleeping and small-talking with the gang, the few moments I was awake while they visited. They kept shifts on keeping an I with me. but mostly was it Madoka or Gingka I found by my side. This afternoon Madoka was the one on shift and I, as talented I was, had managed to keep myself awake longer than 5 minutes.

Madoka:...Doctor says you aren't allowed to move on your own and we should keep an eye out for side effects we haven't seen yet...

I nodded a stiff nod. I already had found some of these effects: Nightmares, whispering voices in my head. phantom pain in my patched wounds. I had already come to know these adverse effects, but however hadn't told anyone about them. I was already the cause the gang had been through a lot just to save me and for being such a pity burden now. I had no intention to be an even bigger burden, than I already was.

Madoka:...The guys are in the middle of getting us a consent from the doctor to move you back to Metal Bey City this evening.

Again I nodded, not really listening. From Madoka's kind nature to try encourage me with various news, couldn't I concentrate. Other than my brain constantly yelling: "OUCH!!!", and my body doing an great effort to slump me back to sleep. my mind kept repeating that one worry Ithat hadn't left me.

Me: Madoka? How is Scarlett doing?

At my sudden topic change, she fell silent. I looked up at her trying to read her mien. The morning after my first night here in the Tokyo headquarter, I had woken up unsettled and asked a billion questions about Scarlett. I was told she was alright, but I hadn't seen her since we got rescued, so my worry hadn't been settled at all. Madoka looked like she was in doubt what to say, but smiled lightly.

Madoka: She's alright and out of danger.

Me: Can I see her?

While she hesitated, I did an attempt to sit up, which automatically tore in my bandages and send regrets through my body. My whine snapped her out of it. She pushed to my shoulders and laid me back.

Madoka: You aren't allowed to move on your own...You're still weak. You're still covered in gauze. You shouldn't worry...

Me: *Make effort to hide pain* Madoka, I gotta make sure she's okay, I need to see her...I'll be fine, if I just get a bit help.

Madoka looked at me doubtful. I guess my raspy voice and weak movements weren't very convincing. However were my concern true and despite my own suffer, I had to make sure Scarlett was well. I trusted the guys, but my own first-hand meeting with Scarlett, made me unsure how comfortable she was for the new people around her.