It seems like yesterday!

I AM BACK!!!! Just for one day

Question time: In some books, especially manan, I have seen a single kiss or any romantic gesture described in big big paragraphs.
Do you actually read every line?? (A/N: I don't. I find it utterly boring to read big essay about a kiss. Honest confession. I skip it! Therefore I don't over explain romance)

Two and three quarter years later( A/N:. Don't worry Nandini and Manik are still mad as always!)

Nandini's POV

Smiles are contagious,especially innocent ones. i couldn't believe that the innocent smile that made me smile is the same reason for my tears from long ago.

You must be confused.

Numerous months before

In my school days, i used to think studying for exams overnight was the biggest struggle in life. When i started college i thought that studying for multiple exams overnight was the biggest struggle. Being in the last year of college, i realise how silly those in front of my current struggles.

The vivid yet blank thoughts in me kept stirring an internal turmoil inside my head. My stubborn tears refused to roll down.

Manik had just graduated. He had decided to take MBA so that he can handle the family business . I was all set for the last year of my college. i could not believe how a small [not exactly small] reason could flip my life around.

I wanted to cry my eyes out but i just couldn't.

I heard the front door which closes shortly after.

Manik strides into the hall with an exuberant smile.

"Nandu, I  brought pizza ". He kept his bike keys on the table and finally turns to look at me.

" What happened Nandu? you look like someone stole your ice cream,popcorn and cotton candy" manik asks kneeling down in front of me.

"Manik, do you remember your Graduation day? Your graduation party." i ask reluctantly.

His serious expression changes to a frown. He lets out a sigh.

" I can't help but feel guilty. I know we did wrong to our family and their trust. The ultimate truth is that, we can't do anything to change the truth. The positive side is that we realise our mistake. We were drunk. You are"

"Pregnant" i interrupt and complete his words.

" no, i was trying to say that ' you are..."
Suddenly he starts yo process my words.

"WHAT" he asks with an incredulous expression.

"i..I am pregnant manik" i repeat myself. He stands up and starts walking to and fro. He strides frantically across the room.

He massaged his temples as i eye all his actions.

' I should leave, i am sorry" i hear him whisper.

I hear the door closing and i stand still, registering his words.

Manik won't leave me.

After an hour

Navya had called me ten minutes ago and she found out I was crying.

I hear the door bell ringing.

It sure isn't Manik.
I open the door to see Cabir and Navya standing with a worried expression.

They got in and Navya hugged me.

Cabir hugged me and asked "What happened"?

With a big hesitation, I revealed everything.

They both looked at me with a shocked expression.

" Nandu, tell me this is a prank" Navya said as she gasped.

Navya hugs me as I sob uncontrollably.

Within a short time my sobs stopped .

"Where is Manik"? Cabir asked.

How I wish I knew the answer to that.

I tell them about my sudden pregnancy revelation to Manik and his departure.

Cabir stands IP angrily.

" How dare he leave you like this! He retorts.

"He needs space" I try to defend Manik.

"Well he should have thought about that during the graduation party " Cabir says making us scowl.
As Cabir was about to call Manik, the door bell rings.

Cabir opens the door and Manik walks in.

Before anyone could spit out a word.

Cabir slapped Manik left and right.

I run towards them and block Manik from Cabir.

"What are you doing, Cabir"? I shouted at the utter chaos.

" How could you just walk out Manik?" He shouts ignoring my question.

"I just needed some time"Manik justifies, walking past me and facing Cabir.

" How can you be so selfish. You were busy outside when Nandu was sitting and crying her eyes out" Cabir says grabbing onto Manik's collar.

Navya and I manage to break Cabir and Manik away.

Manik apologises sincerely and pulls me into a hug.

"I love you Nandu. I know we are on the first step of our careers but I promise you we will bring up our child, the best we can" he says.

I break the hug.

"Manik, screw the society. We can't change their judgemental opinions about us, but what about Mom and Amms. They don't even know we live together. How do they think they will react to me being pregnant?" I ramble.

We both hear the door sliding open to reveal Amms and Mom with a shocked expression.

Oh Shit.

We are screwed for life.

PRESENT

I look at our four month old baby who was giggling.

Long journey..huh

Definitely!

Did I forget to mention, me and Manik are married?

*****

I will explain!!

This caught you all by surprise.

1. Yes, manan is married.

I decided not to write the marriage sequence as its quite cliche. I am sure you all have read or know the traditional north Indian wedding. I don't wanna bore myself and you all with that.

2. Yes, they have three month old baby. Don't worry, they are still the fun loving couple. I haven't decided whether the baby is a girl or a boy. Comment if it should be a girl or a boy.

Hope you all enjoyed.

Vote if you liked it.
Comment if you liked it.
Read further if you liked it.

Bye bye!!