Surviving The Walking Dead

I was trying to be as quiet as I could. I needed to grab a case of water, but there were about 5 walkers in the way. I got my crossbow ready and let out a quick breath. I ran over to the shelf and grabbed the water. They picked their rotted heads up and let out a loud moan.

Before I know it they were pouring in from all directions. I grabbed my knife and ran up to a walker blocking the exit. I stabbed it in the brain and pulled my knife out of its head. When the knife was fully out a piece of skin fell off of the walker. I stuck my knife in my back pocket and ran out the exit leaving the water behind.

When I got outside I ran down the road for a few miles. Then I walked at a normal pace making sure I was going in the right direction, which I was.

I turned right and walked into the woods. I passed trees marked with tape I put on them. Then I got to my home. I wouldnt really call it an official home, just a treestand. It was big enough for me to lay down on so this is where I stay.

I cant believe I am a 14 year old girl all alone and fighting for my life. I miss my mom and dad a lot. Every day I think about them. Before the apocolypes my mom gave me a silver infinity ring. I put it on my right pointer finger and I havent taken it off since.

I climbed up the tree and leaned against the trunk. I was a good 15ft up in the air, so the only thing getting up here was me or another human. I looked at my right hand and twisted my ring.

I took it off and read the engravement inside. It said "I love you". I saddened and said "I love you too mom". I just wanted to be wrapped in her arms. I never thought I had it in me to kill her, but she was attacked by a walker. It bit her on the arm, so I kissed her, said my goodbyes, and put a bullet in her head.

I learned that no matter how you die you come back as one of them, so I always kill everything in the head.

As I became sleepy I grabbed my jacket and pulled it over me. It became dark out so it was a bit easier to go to sleep. It was freezing out, but I had to deal with it. As I shivered I slowly fell asleep,thirsty,cold, and alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know nothing to exciting happened in this first chapter, but I promise it will get better! So please comment if you want me to continue writing. I will update often so make sure to add this book to your library. Thank you!