Ch:26 The Group

When I woke up I looked up. Glenn was carrying me. I said "you can put me down now". He put me down and asked "are you ok"? I said "yeah, just passed out because I was tired". He yanked my shirt up just a tiny bit to look at the bandage. He said "do you want me to change it now or when it's morning"? I looked at the sky and noticed that it was still dark out. I said "we will change it in the morning". I asked "how long were you carrying me"? He said "about an hour". I said "thank you".

I rubbed my eyes and said "look over in the distance, that looks like light, almost like a camp fire". I said "we need to be quiet and sneek up closer. We got close enought to where we could hear voices. I heard one say "what do you mean they werent there"! Another said "we have to look for them". Then another joined in and said "Shelby is tough, she will help Glenn and she will find us". I smiled and got even closer. I see all of them. Everybody was safe and ok.

Daryl said "I'm going to look for them". I sprung out from behind the tree and I said "I dont think that will be necissary". Glenn stood behind me and said smiled. Daryl ran over to me and hugged me. I took his hand off of my side and walked over by the fire. I sat down by Carl and pressed my hand to my wound. Daryl asked "whats wrong"? Glenn said "well we were going down this huge hill and she slipped. She had her knife out when she slipped. When she got up the knife was sticking into her side". Daryl said "that happened to me with my arrow. When I walked back to Hershals farm Andrea shot me".

I smiled and said "good thing she didnt kill you". He smiled and said "yep". He walked over to me and lifted my shirt up. I took off the blood dripping bandage taht was on my side and said "Bob come here please". Bob crawled over and peeled the bandage off. He said "this is going to get infected if we dont clean it out somehow". Carl said "well would a river or water help"? Bob said "it would help a little bit, but we need some disinfectant, stitches and another bandage". Glenn said "I have this". Glenn handed Bob the other bandaid.

Bob said "we need to find a hospital or medical truck somewhere or you could get an infection". I said "and if the infection worsens then I could die and become a walker". He said "I hate to agree, but your right, but we have about 3 days before if will get very bad". Daryl said "tomorrow when the sun comes up I will go on a run". Rick said "I'll come with you". Michonne said "I'll look in all of the cars on the road". Maggie said "Beth and I will search the cars too".

I smiled because everybody cared about me. Carl said "and I will stay with her to make sure she is ok". Glenn said "I'll go with Rick and Daryl". Bob said "I will try to find water". Carl said "there is a stream about a few yards on the right of us, I will go in the morning to get some". Bob smiled and said "it would help her out, it will help keep the cut a bit clean".

I said "thank you everyone". They all smiled and Daryl said "well you helped and cared for us all so much, we feel like it's our turn to take care of you for once". I felt crappy so I said "I dont feel so good, I'm gonna try to sleep". Carl snuggled up beside me so I gave him a kiss. I whispered to him "I missed you". He said "I missed you too". He kissed my forehead and said "now rest".

I closed my eyes and felt Daryl sit lay down beside me. I opened my eyes and saw everybody laying down. I closed my eyes again and fell into a peaceful sleep, until I had the nightmares again.

This nightmare was about Sasha and Tyrese being walkers and killing everybody in the group. I was just watching everybody get eatten alive, then they came for me.

I snapped out of my dream when I woke up. The sky was still dark and everybody was still sleeping. I laid back down and went back to sleep. But before I did I took my crossbow off of my back and set it close to my head.