Chapter 19

The lights flashed a few times signaling to us all that the orchestra was going to be starting soon. I looked into Theo's eyes and gave a small smile before I let out a breath and got to my feet.

"I should go use the bathroom so I don't miss anything once it starts. Help me with my dress, please?" I asked, cutting our play short.

"Of course." He said and then helped me fix myself. "To be continued." He added as he pressed his lips to my cheek.

I felt my cheeks flush as I stepped outside the door and headed to the bathrooms.

The bathrooms, like the rest of the Opera House, were amazing. The counter tops were marble and the mirrors that reached the ceiling were gilded. Instead of the simple stalls like most public bathrooms they were like little individual closets with real doors and walls.

After I used the facilities and dried my hands I started from the bathroom only to be stopped in my tracks.

"What are you doing here?" I breathed out as I nearly ran into Grace who was dressed in an elegant gold evening gown, looking drop dead gorgeous.

"Oh, um, my date brought me. He thought it would impress me, but it isn't. This isn't my thing." She said as she made a face.

"Except the dressing up part." I joked.

"Yeah, that's the only fun thing about tonight. I got to go shopping and play dress up with very expensive clothes." She laughed. "So, what row are you sitting in?"

"Oh, we are in suite A. You and your date can drop by if you like? More than enough room."

"Yeah, definitely. Well I should get going I gotta get back to my seat." She said before smiling and hurrying off down the hall.

As I made my way back the halls were not as crowded as they had been which was nice because less people meant less of a chance that some random person would see me and recognize me.

"Excuse me miss," A male voice spoke. I stopped and turned around to see a sharply dressed man coming towards me.

"Yes?" I replied with a slight raise of my eyebrows.

"We just got a call from Kimpton about a break-in in your room and they requested your presence."

"I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong person. I'm not staying at the Kimpton, I'm staying at the Four Seasons on the water front." I smiled and excused myself and headed off.

"Perfect timing." Theo said as I closed the door behind me. Moments later the lights dimmed in the room and just beyond the window of our balcony instruments began to lightly play.

My eyes moved from the balcony to Theo who sat in the slightly risen seats that overlooked the balcony. When our eyes connected I took in a sharp breath remembering our intimate moment we shared in this very room.

"Come, join me." He said in a mere murmur.

Letting out a breath I crossed the room and stepped up onto the platform and took a seat beside him.

"This is much more comfortable than it looks." I said as I settled into the seat.

"This spot right here is much better." He said as he patted his lap.

"Yeah?" I said as I looked at his hand that rested on his leg.

"Yeah." He repeated as I bit my lip.

How was it possible that he could make a word so simple sound so seductive?

I rose to my feet and side-stepped before sitting back down again, this time on his lap. Almost immediately I felt him harden beneath me and he flexed his hips in response.