Nineteen

* Kian's P.O.V * 

She's pregnant. I'm going to be a dad. How far along is she? When did this happen? Does she even want a child? Is that why she's crying. I moved and sat up next to her. She turned and looked at me. My eyes met hers. 

"Paisley?" I let a deep sigh. "Do you want kids?" 

She sat up and looked at me. Her tears dried up. She grabbed my hand and began playing with my fingers. I don't know why I find this cute, but I do. 

"Yes, I do want kids. I thought that you didn't want kids." She looked at me. 

I cupped her chin, my thumb running across her bottom lip. 

"I wanna start a family with you, I didn't know it'd be this soon." I smiled.  

x-x-x 

Days went on. With the help of Mr. Mills I found a place. Nathan contacted his aunt who lives here in Canada. Him and Jason went to stay with her for while. 

I laid there watching Paisley look at her stomach through the mirror. She's two months now. Her stomach is a little big. I got up and moved behind her. I placed my hands on her stomach as I kissed her neck. It felt like everything was right. Our future was going good. 

"Kian." She turned to me. "I wanna tell you something ... tonight." 

"Yeah, sure." I kissed her forehead. 

"Promise me, when I'm done telling you ... you won't think any less of me." I saw the tears in her eyes. 

"I won't." I cupped her cheek. "I could never." 

She smiled and rested her head on my shoulder. I pulled her closer to me. 

"Paisley!" We both looked at the door to see Jason standing there with his arms crossed. "Why didn't you tell us!" 

Paisley backed up and looked at me. 

"You told them?" She slapped my arm. 

"Ouch and of course. They have a right to know." I rubbed my arm. 

"I knew, from that night..." Nathan popped in. 

Paisley and I looked at me. 

"You two didn't use protection." He laughed. "Too caught up in making love under the stars." 

I made an O shape with my lips and so did Paisley. She looked down at the little bump. 

"I'm glad we didn't." She smiled. "I'm almost happy." 

"That's good." Jason smiled. "but I want you happy, not almost happy." 

"I'll get there sooner or later." She smiled looking at me. 

I smiled and rubbed her back. We went into the living room, sat and talked a while. Jason and Nathan live together. Nathan's aunt supports them both which is good. 

"We're leaving now." Jason and Nathan stood. 

We laid on the couch cuddled, tangled in each other. My hand on her belly. I lightly drew circles on her little belly bump. I looked down at her. Her eyes closed, her mouth partly opened. Is she sleeping? Or just relaxed. 

I stopped drawing circles and her eyes opened. Sharp brown eyes staring up at me. 

"Do you have a death wish?" She hissed. 

She placed my hand back on her stomach. I got the hint and started drawing little circles again. Her eyes closed. 

"Does that feel good?" I asked. 

"Very." She mumbled. 

Hours went by. I started getting hungry and I know for a fact that Paisley was hungry. 

"Sit up, I'm going to order us some pizza." I tapped Paisley on her shoulder. 

"Mm, sounds good." She smiled. 

I got up and grabbed our house phone. It didn't take long for me to order it. 

"Kian!" I dropped the phone and ran to Paisley. 

She was smiling staring at me. 

"I wanna write a book." She clapped her hands together. 

"What kinda of book?" I said crossing my arms. 

"A book about us, and how we got here." She smiled, her eyes shined with love. 

"Okay." I nodded. 

There was a knock at the door. 

"That's fast." I walked to the door and opened it. 

Paisley stood, tears in her eyes. 

"Paisley." The lady walked in holding a picture. 

"Mom?" Paisley's voice cracked. "I'm not going back." 

"I know. You don't have too." She walked in. "After you guys broke out the police did an investigation ... what they did to the kids in the psych-ward." 

"Mom..." Paisley cut her off. "I've never been the psych-ward." 

"Oh thank god." She wrapped her arms around me. "Let's go home." 

"Excuse me?" My voice was loud. 

"I'm taking her home with me." Her mom smiled. 

"No." Paisley moved away from her. 

Her hands went over her stomach, in a protective way. Her mom went still has she was Paisley's actions. She went pail. 

"Mom, I'm staying." Paisley smiled. "I'm happy. I'm in love and I'm going to start a family with the guy I love." 

"You don't know what you're talking about." Her mom laughed shaking her head. 

"I do, know what I'm talking about mom." Paisley said. "Now, would you please my home." 

"Paisley." Her mom went to reach for her but she moved. 

"Ms. Foster." I spoke up. "Please respect Paisley's decision." 

Her mom looked between me and Paisley. Tears forming in her eyes. I knew her heart was breaking. Paisley is all she has. She must have went through hell with finding her. I sighed.

"You can stay here, but you can not interfere with Paisley's and I relationship." I sighed. 

I saw the hope in her eyes. All she wanted was to be with her daughter. 

"Kian, can I talk with you real quick." Paisley walked into the kitchen.    

I walked and got slapped in the arm. 

"Ouch." I rubbed my arm. 

"Why would you do that. She's the one that let those people take me." Her voice cracked. "She blames me for everything. I'll be damned if she things I'm inadequate to take care of my child." 

"Paisley." I cupped her cheek. "I will not let that happen." 

x-x-x Night Time x-x-x 

Paisley laid in my arms. We stared at the ceiling listening to the nature outside. 

"I killed my dad." Paisley's suddenly said, breaking the silence. 

---------------------

Sorry it took me a while to update. Crazy life. 

Quote of the chapter:
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Comment
Share

Vote 

Xx