Chapter XIII

"Even if you're weak, there are miracles you can seize with your hands if you fight on to the very end." ~Uryuu Minene (Future Diary)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Foreteller Ava quickly walked past the fountain in the town square, not noticing Sunako, who sat on the edge. She was giving Shadow a belly rub when she watched the frantic Foreteller pass. "Why are you in such a big hurry?" She asked.

"It's Gula," Foreteller Ava explained. "Somehow, Ira knew where Gula was while I had him even though I didn't tell anyone what I was besides Aina."

"It's Invi," Sunako responded as she continue to tickle her pet.

"What?!" Foreteller Ava cried.

"Do I need to repeat myself?" Sunako asked. "Invi was the one who told Ira. She overheard your conversation with Aina and quietly tracked the two of you. When you two decided to stop, she told Ira where Gula was."

"Why would she—" Foreteller Ava started.

"She's performing her role, that's all," Sunako started.

"What should I do?" Foreteller Ava questioned quietly.

"Confront her about this, of course," Sunako replied. "She fought with you, Gula and Aina against Aced, why would she suddenly turn her back to you? Ira should've known by then that Aced started a fight with Invi and was deemed the traitor, why would he suddenly care about Gula who helped take down the suspected traitor?"

"I'm going to find Invi," Foreteller Ava said as she turned to leave but Sunako stopped her.

"Also," Sunako added. "You might want to increase the Lux production in your Union. Ira and Aced are doing so as well. Even if you don't wanna summon Kingdom Hearts, you gotta maintain the balance, correct?"

Foreteller Ava didn't respond as she left as soon as Sunako was finished. "War's coming soon, can't wait to see what the show has in hold for me," she smirked.

*~*~*~*~*~

Aina got out of a portal, panting as she stabbed her Keyblade into the ground and fell to her knees. After spending another grueling day in the dark realm in order to battle the larger Heartless which held more Lux, Aina was spent. These past few days only consisted of her out fighting the Heartless and collecting Lux, only returning home to sleep before she repeated the cycle.

As Aina struggled to return home, she overheard Foretellers Invi and Ava arguing over somebody. Aina decided to wait and see what the fuss was about and take a break while she was at it. "Why did you tell Ira?" Foreteller Ava yelled at Foreteller Invi. "It had to be you because you were the only one who knew where we were hiding. Didn't you think for a second that your actions might be making things worse than they already are?"

"And why should that even bother you?" Foreteller Invi replied. "Not only you have your Union, but you also gathered the finest Keyblade wielders from other Unions and you're training them in a secret location, aren't you?"

"Yes, because that's my role!" Foreteller Ava shouted.

Foreteller Invi stepped back, shocked st her sudden outburst. "I had no idea..." She stammered. "I apologize. I overstepped."

"No," Foreteller Ava shook her head. "I shouldn't have snapped at you either."

"What did Ira want?" Foreteller Invi asked.

"I don't know, exactly," Foreteller Ava replied. "He just asked me to give up Gula. His eyes...they were...scary. I was worried he'd do something awful. I knew I couldn't tell him where Gula was. Then he turned around and walked away."

"I see," Foreteller Invi said. "And how's Gula doing?"

"I don't know," Foreteller Ava answered. "He's gone. Gula's on a mission to collect Lux."

"Ah," Invi placed her fingers at her chin. "That explains why Aced and Ira are as well. They're trying to maintain the balance. But, that isn't the balance we were expected to keep. If everyone's collecting light solely for themselves, Keyblade wielders will soon turn against each one another, which will lead to...the Keyblade War."

"Then what's written in the Book...all of it will happen..." Foreteller Ava murmured.

"Light will expire," Foreteller Invi said.

"Invi, what are you going to do?" ForetellerAva asked.

"I'm gather to collect Lux too," She replied, walking pass Foreteller Ava. "No matter what, the balance must be kept. Ava, you should do the same. We must...delay the inevitable."

"Right..." Foreteller Ava nodded reluctantly.

Seeing that the conversation was finished Aina got off her Keyblade and decided to head to Akari to rest, seeing how she was too spent to return home.