Chapter XXII

"Maybe there's only a dark road up ahead. But you still have to believe and keep going. Believe that the stars will light your path, even a little bit. Come on...let's go on a journey!" ~Kaori Miyazono (Your Lie in April)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Aina has just closed up the shop and was at home, getting ready to enjoy her peaceful evening when rapid pounding was heard from her door. Frowning, Aina wondered who could be knocking this loud at this time of the day. She assumed it was Yuffie since she was always happy and likes to pound on the door until it falls off its hinges. "Coming, Yuffie!" Aina shouted.

Aina unlocked the door and opened it, but didn't see anyone. She sighed, annoyance lacing her tone. It was probably some of the kids who recently moved back in.

Aina was about to close the door when a voice spoke up, "Down here."

Puzzled, Aina looked down and sure enough saw a mouse at her front door. She raised a brow, "May I help you? If you wish for my services, I'm afraid I'm closed at the moment. Come back tomorrow morning."

"Sorry, I'm not here to have my future told," the mouse chuckled. "I'm here because I dug around and found out you could provide answers to somehow."

"Does it have to be now?" Aina asked. "If I closed for tomorrow, we would have plenty of time to discuss what needs to be discussed."

"I'm flattered," the mouse replied. "But I'm afraid we just don't have that time. Please, I want you to meet someone."

The mouse stepped to the side and revealed a girl standing behind then. She was young, likely in her teens. She wore some sort of black school-like uniform with black outlines all over and a red ribbon around the neck. "Hello, Ms. Aina Mirai," The girl shyly greeted her. "It's very nice to meet you. King Mickey said you knew some important I formation about me that I forgotten long ago."

Once Aina took in how the girl looked, her eyes slowly widened.

The jet black hair...

The icy blue eyes...

The familiar face shape...

She knew those features from anywhere. It can't be. Sixteen years ago this girl was taken away from Aina in her cradle, and ever since then Aina has regretted it from the bottom of her heart.

"....Sakura Andrews?" Aina whispered.