Chapter VI

"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it as though you're following them." ~Johan Libert (Monster)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
All Union members stood together in the Town Square of Daybreak Town and Aina, Akari and Sunako stood in front of them. "Thank you all for coming," Aina greeted the young wielders. "This is your first day of training. This will be the only all of you will be working together as one. I will show you how your daily missions will work out."

Aina nodded at Sunako and she snapped her fingers, making shadow pool at Aina's feet before forming into a Heartless. It twitched as it moved. "This is a Heartless," she explained. "They are beings without hearts. Although they can come in many different shapes and sizes, this is the most coming species of Heartless."

Aina extended a hand out to the Heartless and it clawed at her, scratching her palm. Keyblade wielders gasped as Aina held her hand up calmly, sowing them all her bleeding palm. "These creatures of darkness go after those with hearts, so we just get rid of them." Aina explained as she summoned her Keyblade, Chrono Shift. The Keyblade has a metallic golden shaft and hilt with a silver chain attached to a clock charm that has numbers on it in roman numerals. The shaft of the Keyblade is decorated with roman numeral numbers on it as well. The blade of the Keyblade matches the charm of the Keyblade and it has triangular golden "teeth" as part of the blade for the Keyblade.

 The blade of the Keyblade matches the charm of the Keyblade and it has triangular golden "teeth" as part of the blade for the Keyblade

Aina swiped her Keyblade and took out the shadow Heartless with a single swipe. Everyone "ooh"ed as a pink, crystallized heart emerged from the remains as well as a sparkle of light. The heart floated away and Aina took the sparkle and showed it to the wielders. "The Heartless, once slain, release its captive heart and Lux," Aina stated. "We let the hearts return to their owners, however we collect Lux as our duties while in training. The Unions will hold weekly competitions as to which one will collect the most Lux and prizes will be given out to the wielders who collected the most Lux."

The wielders all eyed each other at the mention of prizes and Aina sighed. "It's weekly, everyone," she said. "Everyone will win eventually. Just don't get carried away."

Wielders screamed as Aina turned around, seeing a Darkside Heartless standing up behind her. "As I mentioned before, the Heartless come in all shapes and sizes," she repeated. "Some Heartless may be too big or too powerful to take down on your own. That's why we work together in order to take out the enemy and share the rewards."

Keyblade wielders joined Aina's side as they prepared for battle. But, suddenly more Darkside Heartless appeared, all surrounding Aina and the training wielders, encircling them. Aina grew anxious at the amount but assured herself that this was supposed to teach the wielders to work together as a Union to take down the Heartless.

Aina and the wielders beside her begin to attack the Darkside Heartless. With the help of Aina, a more experienced Keyblade wielder, the Darkside came down with no trouble. But as Aina turned around, she saw that the others were struggling.

Darksides slammed their fists down, creating a pool of darkness with the Shadow Heartless emerging from it, overwhelming the wielders as they tried to take them down while also avoiding the orbs coming out of its chests that were targeted at the distracted wielders.

Aina and her helpers fanned out to help the others, but even then she began to feel overwhelmed at the amount of Darksides here. Suddenly, she saw a wielder fall and an instant flashback came to her future vision as her eyes widened. Panicking, she turned to Sunako and screamed, "Call them off Sunako! There's too many!"

Sunako clicked her tongue and the Darksides stopped their attacks, awaiting the next order from their queen. At the same time, Akari leapt into the fray, jumping into he air and summoning the x-blade, pointing the tip into the air and rainbow thread came out if the Darksides, all connecting to the tip of the Keyblade. As Akari landed, she yanked the Keyblade, causing the hearts to rip out of the Darksides's chests, making them disappear. Akari released the rainbow thread from her Keyblade as she let the hearts float away and collected the Lux the Darksides dropped.

Aina rushed to the injured, gathering them up into one circle and examining the damage done. Some weren't that serious, some were, but nothing too life-threatening. Although casting Cure may do the trick, it would be safer to take all the injured to the healing pods and let them rest there. She and other wielders helped them up as she turned back to the uninjured group of wielders. "Fellow Keyblade wielders, take this warning to heart; if you grow weak or lose your heart, you and your Chirithy will perish for good," Aina explained. "Although no one perished today, someone might in the future. Exercise caution in your daily missions. May your heart be your guiding key."

As the group disbanded into their appropriate Unions, Aina led the injured to the healing pods to be placed inside so they can rest. As soon as the girl left, Akari turned to her twin, angry. "What was that about Sunako?!" She demanded.

"What was what about?" Sunako asked, looking bored.

"Why did you summon so many Darksides?" Akari cried. "It was their first day of training-there was no possible way all those trainees could take on so many at once, even in that large of a group!"

"I was only teaching them about teamwork!" Sunako insisted. "How else were they going to learn to work together with their Unions if I didn't overwhelm them with a few Darksides?"

"Someone could of perished, Sunako!" Akari yelled back. "How is Aina going to explain to the Foretellers that on their first day of training somebody already met their end?"

"I was going to send the Darksides back but you had to jump in and take them all out!" Sunako shouted. "I had it under control, Weaver of the Hearts!"

"This isn't the time for irresponsibility like this, Sunako," Akari started. "It's what the Master said, the war is coming faster than we think. You need to get your act together and stop being so careless, Queen of the Heartless. Because when war comes, we all need to be ready to protect Kingdom Hearts at all costs."

As Akari walked away, a Shadow Heartless rose up from the ground and nuzzled Sunako's leg. Sunako picked them up and held them by her hip as she watched her sister leave, muttering to herself, "The war is coming faster than we think, huh?"