Chapter Six

Mackenzie's POV
Blake was driving me over to his house. I still had to ask him if he could meet my friends/ parents(? Lol), I hope he would be ok with it. He is a super sweet boy and would understand. We pulled into his driveway and got out of his old truck. "Hey Blake, can I talk to you about something?" I asked. "Yeah. Sure." He said.
   Somewhere on Mr John's  property.
               Blake's POV
Huh. I wonder what she wants to talk about? Dang. I'm nervous. What if she just wants to be friends, what if she likes me, what if she doesn't even want to be friends, what if- "Blake, you're a little quiet. Oh! Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out about the we need to talk thing. I'm just gonna ask you a question, there is nothing to worry about." She said apologetically. "Whew. I was kinda worried." I said in relief.
I risked it again and took her hand. And she didn't pull back again. Man maybe she likes me I thought hopefully.
            Mack's POV
We walked hand in hand, to a  clearing in the woods. We sat down in the pine straw. "So, I was going to ask you if you wanted to meet my best friends, Nova and Beth." I said. "Oh. That's all? I was expecting something else. But yeah, sounds like fun." Blake said,sounding really relieved. "Ok, so there's kind of a catch." I said. "Like they are very picky about who I date-" Crap. I just said that out loud. Shoot. I don't even know what we are. "I mean, i didn't mean it like that, we just met at the beginning of the Summer, and that would be really awkward, I mean it's whatever-" I was cut off by Blake's kiss. He pulled back after a few seconds and I was tomato red like Bob from Veggie Tales (Hi Im_scared_of_spoons). "Umm I guess that was a way to shut me up." I smirked, regaining my confidence. "Yeah." Blake said. "And I think I can handle your friends. But hey, can I ask you something now Mack?" Blake asked. "Yeah" I said "would you like to go out? I mean if I win over your best friends." Blake smiled. "Yes!" I said. No too excited sounding Mackenzie! "I mean Yeah. Cool." I recovered. "Well, cool." Blake said. "Yeah, cool." I said. And then I leaned on his chest. What a great Summer. I thought.
               Blake's POV
I just kissed her. And now I have a girlfriend well if her friends will allow it. She is Mackenzie, loves horses,super pretty-No beautiful, sweet to my family, wonderful, wonderful Mack. Best Summer ever. Now to deal with her friends, I thought. How hard can they be? Plus don't spoil this day by thinking about that,think about the now Blake. "Hey Mackenzie?" I said. "Yeah Blake?" She said. "I just wanted to make sure this was real and not a dream."I said. "It's real." She sat up and smiled at me. Then she stopped smiling and looked frantic. "What's wrong!?!?" I said. "Oh, I forgot that I needed to help your sister pick out an outfit for her group date! We gotta walk back to the house!" Mackenzie said. "Alright let's go" I said. And then added "It's so sweet that you want to help Lindsay."I smiled at her.
      Back at Blake's house
           Lindsay's POV
I heard Blake and Mackenzie come in. Good. She was almost late to help me pick out my outfit. I love having like a big sister, I mean my mom is cool, but like I can't tell her certain stuff without having to explain myself or getting into trouble. Mackenzie walked into my room. "Hey girl!" She said "sorry I'm a little late. I had to um, I got caught up in um." She was struggling with something. So I figured I'd get it outta her. "What Mackenzie. I feel like your hiding something. Tell me, pleeeeeaaassseee" I pleaded. "Ok, I'm gonna close your door, and be quiet when I tell you." She said and I saw a hint of a smile on her face. "Ok yeah I promise. Tell me!" I said getting impatient. "Well, Blake and I kissed." I couldn't help it, I had to squeal!! "SQQUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE YAY YAY YAY YAY YAAAAYYYYY" Mack covered my mouth. "I thought I told you to be quiet!" She said,but was smiling anyway. "Woah I can't handle this!!"I said smiling super big.
"Well, you know now, so can we pick out an outfit for you?" Mack said. "Yes." I said. And then we went to work.
           Two hours later
              Mack's POV
"Well how does she look?" I asked Blake's family. "Oh! You look so grown up!" Lindsay's mom said. "My girl, I don't know if I'll let you go out looking that pretty."Mr. John said. "Yeah. Great. Whatever." Aaron said. "Great sis. Don't forget to tell that boyfriend to be careful with you." Blake said, while smiling. I smiled at him. Gosh he's so adorable. I hope he survives my friends lol. Lindsay walked up to me and thanked me for helping her pick out an outfit. And then her and Blake's parents walked out with her, to take her out with her friends. "Well Aaron, will you be alright for a minute while I take Mackenzie home?" Blake asked. "Yeah. I'll be fine." Aaron said. "Well bye Aaron!" I said. I hopped into Blake's truck and he took me home. I definitely had to admit that I was super tired, but we walked back to Our Spot anyways. We laid down in the Pine Straw and looked at the sky. "Well Mackenzie today has been.....fun." he laughed. "Yeah." I giggled. After a little bit of stargazing and staring at each other (blush) we walked back up to the house. He told me goodnight and we hugged. I think we both weren't ready for another kiss. "Goodnight Mack. Just call me when when the date is set for me meeting your friends." He said. "Ok. I will. Goodnight Blake." I smiled at him and he smiled at me. Both of us were blushing like crazy.
      Later at Mackenzie's house 
I jumped on my bed, after telling dad goodnight and that I had been helping my friend's, telling Blake about school, and helping Lindsay pick out an outfit for a date.(What it's partly true!!)and then I FaceTimed my friends: "Hey guys"I said barely hiding the smile on my face. "What's up with you??" Beth asked me. "Noooothing" I said totally suspicious sounding. "But let's meet at the coffee shop tomorrow and I'll tell y'all." I smirked knowing this would kill them all night. "Oh and Blake said he'd love to meet y'all soon." I said. "Well, bring him tomorrow then. "Nova said.  "Oh um. How a bout we just talk first tomorrow, then see him later. I really need to talk to y'all first." I said. "Well sounds good." Nova said and Beth nodded. "Man Mack you look like you've had a long day." Beth said. "Yes I 've had a long day." I smiled "In that case...goodnight!" I said. "Goodnight!!" They both said.
    I went to bed feeling good.  A lot of stuff is happening tomorrow. "Tomorrow" I sighed out loud.
          End of Chapter Six.
Thank y'all for reading, don't forget to comment, and vote for my story! Thanks again!!!!!😊😊