Chapter Eleven

Mackenzie's Room
             Mackenzie's POV
Yes, I have a diary. It's not weird. I have emotions and sometimes I don't know how to express them!
        Diary Entry Number 11,
Dear diary,
     School is going worse than I thought it was gonna go. The only good thing that that has come from school is grades and a new friend ( her name is Clara btw). I have something wrong with me. Head trauma. God it's even scary to write about. It comes in when I'm stressed. So that's why school has sucked. And the only people who know about are Nova and Beth and dad and my doctor of course. I should really tell Blake, but it's just hard to. I don't want him to see me as a charity or something. It can happen anytime and it's scary. It happened first when I was in the car with my mom that night. Well that's when it started. It's no wonder I don't like talking about it. I was in that car with her. I watched her die. It's burned in my brain. I hide it really well if I say so myself. But I need to tell him. I really do. I'm just scared.   
    I closed my diary as I heard a knock on the door. I walked downstairs to find Blake at the door. Dad was out on another date. That was the other thing. When he went on that one date he's stayed with the same girl, but he goes out all the time. "Hey Mack!" Blake said as I let him in. He came up to me and kissed me on the cheek. "Hey Blake." I said to him. "Watcha doing?" He asked me. "Well I'm down here with you."I said smiling at him. He laughed. "Always as witty as ever. I love it." He said. We sat on the couch and I turned on the TV. We watched for a bit. Blake's phone dinged. He read the text. "Hey I gotta go home. Mom wants me to help her with dinner. Bye Mack" he said to me. I pecked him on the lips and walked him to the door. I heard him crank up his truck and leave. Hmm. I wonder when I should talk to him. I mean may be he'll take it great. But what if it doesn't. I thought to myself. I fixed myself dinner, ramen noodles in siracha sauce. I finished my homework at the living room coffee table. Finally I finished and went upstairs, showered with the music blasting cause I was in the house by myself, got in my pajamas, and got in my bed. I watched some Aphmau on YouTube. (An: I love her irl) Then I fell asleep.
        When Blake gets home
            Blake's POV
Somethings up with Mackenzie. She doesn't have that sparkle that she normally does in her eyes. I don't know what it is though. Everything is going great! Ive made friends, she's made a new friend. I'm actually planning her a surprise. It's been almost 4ish months since we've started dating.
   I walked into the kitchen to see my mom. "Ah hello my Blake!" My mom said as cheery as always. "Hi mom." I said, sounding a little depressed. "What's wrong with you?" My mom said seeing right through me as always. "Nothing mom, I'm just tired." The classic excuse, it always works.
"Yeah. Ok." She said to me sarcastically and winked. "You know I'm always here to talk." She said to me. "I know, and thanks." I said to her. Over the next thirty minutes I helped her with dinner. We ate and then I went to my room to do my homework. I tried I really did, but I couldn't concentrate! What could be wrong with her! I thought. Finally at some point I finished. By then it was like 10:30. I jumped on my bed and fell asleep instantly.
        A few weeks Later Mack is at the doctor
               Mr. Daniel's POV
"Well, she's doing good. Only a few cases right in the first month of school right?" The doctor while looking at Mackenzie. "Yes sir. I went directly to the nurse and she gave me my medicine. I don't think anyone noticed except my two friends who have been in here with me before." She answered in a grown up voice. "Are you sure she's ok? Like isn't it a bit strange for her to just be dealing with this?" I asked. Not gonna lie, this freaked me out as a dad. The night of the crash was so scary. We don't even talk about it. "It's perfectly normal to deal with things like this. She doesn't need to keep it a secret like she does though. But I can see why she does." He explained. "They'll think I'm weird." Mackenzie explained. The doctor gave us the clear to go to the MRI to do her normal check on her head. God I hate that machine. After about 15 minutes the scan was over. Mackenzie and I finally got out of the office. It was a successful visit. We went to Dairy Queen like normal. She got her normal mixed berry smoothie and I got a coffee. We drove home.
           Mackenzie's POV
God I hate doctors. But at least I get a smoothie out of it. We got home and I was happy it was Saturday. I called Blake and told him to come over. I had been throughout the past weeks prepping myself up for telling him.
        "Hey Blake!"
"Hey Mack, what's up?"
"Well, I was wondering if you could come over?"
"Uhhhh, yeah. Is everything ok?"
"Yyyyeeahh. Well sort of. I just need to talk to you."
"I'll be right over."
"Ok, see you in a minute. Love you." "
"K, bye love you too."
Well that went well. But now I get to do the hardest thing. Telling him.

   Hi! I hope y'all liked chapter Eleven!! I'm sorry its been a little bit since I've written. And I hope I didn't shock y'all too much with the medical thing. I thought it would be interesting!😊 Until next time
  - navyshoes ❤❤❤