Chapter Three

Two hours later
             Mackenzie's Pov
Well, he's really nice, which is good because I'm glad he's just not a pretty face (wait uh uh did I just say that?!?)
  But besides these...feelings(??) I'm having a really good time with him.
  "So Mackenzie-"  "Call me Mack.. sorry I cut you off dude." I said.
"Uh it's fine, I was gonna say that I'm new here, and I was wondering if at the beginning of
school, could you kinda show me around?" Blake asked me, looking hopeful?
"Yeah, no problem. Sure." I replied.  "Soooooo, what do you want to do, we can go see the chickens, or the horses?" I asked.
"You have horses?" He asked
"Yeah, I love horses! I actually do horse competitions here at school." I said, now excited.
"Really?" He replied "I love horses too."
     Time skip to the horse pen
               Blake's POV
We walked to the horse pen quietly, when we got there, I could see how Mack's face lit up.
All of the horses ran down, and it made me miss home a little bit, because I used to have horses there, but it also made me feel something else,like towards her. But I don't know what.
"Well what are you waiting for Blake?" Mack said, and then I realized that she was already on one, bareback (No saddle on the horse XD). "Oh, nothing" I said as i jumped on the horse. We started to ride around and we were silent, so I started to think about what I had learned about her: she seemed smart, but cool, and liked horses, and being outdoors.
"Hey!Blake! Look out for that tree!!"She screamed at me. I ducked just in time to miss a tree branch. Man I need to get outta my own head! I thought. "You alright Blake?" Mack asked with concern in her eyes. "Yeah I'm fine." I replied. "Hey your pretty good at riding horses I see, by your form, you wanna race?" She asked me with a smirk. "Sure, sounds fun." I said.
         Time skip to race
"One.....two......THREE GOO!" My dad yelled at us.
  And we were off, me going fast and feeling great to be back on a horse. Then I saw Mack, ahead of me. And then as I was getting to the finish line, she was already there. "Good race Blake...but next time we do this try to win next time, mix it up a bit!" She called to me while smirking.
Well...at least there's gonna be a next time. I thought. The rest of the day was really awesome. We walked around her farm, fished,and ate dinner. After dinner me and Mackenzie went out too look out the stars. My favorite thing about living out in the country is the stars.
We walked out to a cool spot on the farm and sat down and looked up. One of the most awkward silences ever, until: "sooooooo this isn't awkward at all" she said while laughing."Yeah, a little bit." I said while smiling. "Well its actually been a fun day. When my parents say they've found me a friend, it's normally some little kid that I have to babysit for one of their friends." She said. "Yeah that's happened to me a few times." I agreed.
       Mackenzie's POV
Wow. This has been a fun day. I'm glad I made a friend this Summer, even though it's just now Summer.
  Riiiiiinnnnnggggg, Riiiiinnnnggggg, Riiinnnnnngggggg. It was Blake's phone "Hey dad. Uh huh, yeah." He said kinda sad sounding. "Well, dad said we have to go." He said.
"Well Blake, it was fun meeting you." I said. "Yeah, same." (a pause) 
" Hey Mack.....(silence)... can I get your number... in case I have any questions about school, of course!" He said, and even in the dark I could tell he was blushing. "Yeah, sure. You know you could call me, even if its not about school." What was that? How flirty could I get? What's up Mack snap outta it!!! "Ok, cool!" He said. "Well let's walk back to the house." I said, "Ok" he replied.
We walked back up to the house in silence.
               Later
"So Mack, how was your 'play date'?" Dad asked me, smirking again from earlier. "Yeah. I did" I said a little to fast. Dad looked at me with that "Dad look", and I gave him a little smile. Which must have given away a little too much. I ran upstairs before  he got the chance to ask me about today. I took a shower and then IMMEDIATLY called my best friend's together, Beth and Nova. I told them about HIM, and of course..they didn't scream. We weren't like that. But they got a little excited, as I was. And  of course like ALL best friends do we talked until about 3 am. Then I went to sleep, exhausted, but giddy for some reason....
               Blake's POV
When me and dad got home, I went straight to my room. And sat on my bed. Mackenzie Mackenzie Mackenzie, i couldn't get her off my mind. But it was strange, I had just met her...how could I already have feelings for her. Did I have feelings for her? What was going on?? I've had a few girlfriend's, but she was different... I don't know, she was just different. I called my friend Jake and talked to him, he was from my old school, and I could talk to him about anything. After that, I took a shower, then I went to bed, super tired, but not unhappy. :)
       End of chapter Three