Chapter Nine

Mackenzie's POV
"Dad what?!? You met someone?" I said completely stunned. "Yeah Mack. I just missed being alone, your growing up and I wanted someone to hang out with and possibly date." Dad said. "Well dad, I'm kinda stunned- no really stunned! I mean you haven't dated since I was ten." I said. "I'm proud of you Mack. You are taking this super well. I love you so much." Dad said standing up for a hug. We hugged. I love my dad, he's like my best friend. It's just been us for 6 years. And I'm so happy for him, but she better get ready for me to walk out with my shot gun when he goes out with her. "Well, dad that's great. When do you go on your date?" I asked smirking at him. "Well, today. I'm excited! Her name is Lissa and we are going to the café for dinner." He said and I could see a little twinkle in his eye that I've never seen there before. "Well dad back in the game I'd say." I said holding back laughter. "Oh! I forgot! My wittle Mack is gwonna need a babysitter" he teased. "Ha. Ha. Ha." I said sarcastically. "DAD!WHAT ARE YOU GONNA WEAR!!" I screamed at him. "Woah. Did uh you just have a one of those uh girl moments?" Dad asked me, looking worried. "WE GOTTA GET TO THE CLOSET!" I said ignoring him. " OH AND I GOTTA CALL NOVA AND BETH!" I screamed some more. "Mackenzie! Mackenzie! Calm down!" Dad said putting his hands on my shoulders. "Whew, ok", I said calming down,"I'm just really excited for you!" "Mack your such a great daughter, just don't be let down if she's not 'the one'." He said. "Oh I'm not, BUT THIS STILL HAS TO BE PERFECT!!" I said. "Oops, sorry screaming again aren't I?" I said kinda embarrassed. "Yeah a little bit." He said. "I gotta call Beth and Nova though!!" I said, yelling not screaming this time. "Well go then Mack." Dad said to me smiling. "Alright BYE!" I yelled to dad. I ran up the stairs to my room and jumped on my bed, I facetimed Nova and Beth and told them the news. They were super happy and said they would be right over to help.
Later Mr. Daniel is about to leave
"Mr. Daniel come on out!!" Beth said excitedly. "Ok girls" dad said. He walked out of his room wearing his boots, khakis, and a red and black plaid shirt. "YOU LOOK AWESOME!!" All three of us screamed." Thanks girls, but no more screaming. I've had enough of that today, right Mackenzie?" Dad looked at me and we both laughed. "Oh I get it just some daddy- daughter joke that we won't understand. I feel so loved." Nova said, kidding. We all walked to the door to wish dad off. "Now, don't stay out past your kerphew, and if she hurts your feelings tell her to talk to me- I looked at Beth and Nova- I mean us." I said as Beth and Nova nodded in agreement. Dad walked out the door and to his truck he waved one goodbye to us and then got in,started it and off he went. "Kids just grow up so fast." I said jokingly, while Beth and Nova and I laughed. "Let's go inside." Beth said. We walked inside and sat on the couch. "Alright, are we in agreement of a big cheese pizza, breadsticks, ice cream, Netflix and a sleepover?!" I asked smiling. "Duh!" Beth said. "Free food, friends I'm in." Nova said. (Lol that's my friend irl). "I'll call for pizza!" I said.
Later in Pjs on the couch
                    Nova's POV
"Oooo lets watch Titanic!!! Mackenzie said. "No! I wanna watch Bridesmaids!!" Beth countered. "Ok. Fine. I like Bridesmaids" Mackenzie said giving in. "I'm gonna be full on pizza and ice cream I'll fall asleep anyways. No not really jk Beth." Mackenzie laughed and me and Beth joined. We turned on the movie and started watching. I personally love Bridesmaids and think it is freaking hiLARRYous (joke if you know me) so I was happy. It was so nice just hanging with my girls, we hang out all the time but it has just been different since Blake and Mackenzie got together. They're cool and Mack makes sure he doesn't crash our best friend time, but it's just been different. No more of these sad thoughts Nova enjoy your girl time. Plus Mack will have boyfriends, heck I'll have boyfriends... maybe. Boys are kinda gross, except one. But enough with that. "Hey Nova, you good? You kinda had a weird look on your face." Beth asked me. "Yeah, I'm good. Just thinking." I said. "Ohhhh that's what that sound was." Mack said to me, then she cracked up laughing. Beth joined her , " Ha. Your so funny." I said while smiling at her. "I know." She said haughtily. "Ok y'all shut up I'm just trying to watch this movie. God." Beth said to us sarcastically. We watched the rest of movie, laughing at the funny parts and crying at the end. By then it was like 9:30. And Mackenzie got up and started pacing the room. "Maaacckkk?" Beth and I said, kinda worried. "What's wrong?" "Oh um, dad told me he'd be back by 9:00pm and he's not back." Mack said. "Oh, I'm sure he's just having a good time. It's his first date in years Mackenzie, he'll be back. Don't worry." I said and I smiled at her and patting the couch for her to come and sit down. She sat in between me and Beth. Then of course we watched more Netflix. And ate more ice cream. And pizza. And I think she slowly started to relax. Until it was 11:00pm and then she got up and called her dad.
                   Beth's POV
Mack had just went up to her room to call her dad. I feel bad, ever since her mom died she's been super close to her dad. I looked at Nova and said "I'm kinda worried about her." She said "Yeah me too. I'm also getting worried about Mr. Daniel." "Yeah me too. " I agreed with her. Mack came down stairs and was smiling. Good. "Hey what's up?" I asked. "He's fine, Nova you were right. He was just having fun with his date." She said. "But he's still gonna be punished when he gets home." Mackenzie said kind of laughing. Mackenzie walked into the living room and turned off the TV. "Alright are y'all good with moving the party upstairs?" She asked. "Yeah." I replied. Nova nodded her head. Then we went upstairs. And then for the rest of the night, we laughed, talked, listened to music. And then we fell asleep. And I was so happy to hang out the three of us. "Goodnight guys" I said. "Goodnight" they called back as I snuggled under the covers. Then just like that I think we all fell asleep.

SURPRISE! I updated before I got my phone back!!! Thanks for reading. Please comment I want to know what y'all have to say and please vote!!! Bye❤️❤️❤️✌🏼️