Chapter six

"We have little time, we must leave. Gethim up." Tauriel says, picking up some things.

"Come on, brother. Come on, come on,let's go." Fili says to Kili, pulling him up but is pushes away.

"I'm fine, I can walk."

"We're going to die." I sayquietly.

"If you just stand there, yes. Nowhurry up and gather some food." Tauriel orders, throwing a sack atme. I don't want to move though. Dragons breathe fire. Fire hurts.It's the most painful way to die they say. It's not quick like if youwere shot. No, you're alive when your skin burns away from yourbones. You can feel every second of it before you either die fromlack of oxygen, heat exposure, or maybe something that falls on topof you. That's what they say anyways. I don't want to die. I want tolive, to become a writer. But no. I'm going to die who knows how farfrom home, with people that I don't know, in a place that makes zerosense, and I don't think I'm even human. Isn't this just great.

When I finally come out of my thoughts,everyone around me is gathering supplies. I grab whatever food I canfind.

"We're not leaving, not without ourfather." Bain says stubbornly

"If you stay here, your sisters willdie. Is that what your dad would want?" sav says, coming up thestairs. Bain shakes his head and continues. After a minute or so weall pile into the boat and push off, heading out of the town. We'restopped abruptly by another boat passing us.

"It's the master!" Sav shouts asthe large boat filled with gold passes us, Alfric sneering at us asthey pass. "That no good rotten-"

"Sav. Stay focused." I say, as wecontinue on. By this time the dragon is sweeping back and forththrough the city, breathing flames as he goes. It's hard to breathe.The smoke smells like something that would come out of a factory. Theheat makes us sweat, and the taste of the smoke won't leave yourmouth. I cover my nose with my arm, trying to block it out. But it'sno use.

"Look! It's Bard!" Sav says,pointing at the belltower.

"Da!" Both Bain and Tilda shout,but he doesn't hear him. Bard pulls back his bow and arrow and firesit at the dragon. Hit. But it bounces off like a pencil. Over andover again, he fires, but each time it doesn't make a dent.

"Those arrows cannot pierce it'shide. I fear nothing will." Tauriel says, rowing. Suddenly Baingets this look, and before we can stop him, grabs an overhanging hookand swings off the boat.

"Bain! Come back!" Bofur yells,standing.

"We cannot go back! Leave him!"Tauriel says as the girls yell for their brother. I see what he wentfor. Out of a nearby boat, he grabs the black arrow and runs towardsthe belltower.

"He's just a child!" Sav shouts atTauriel, but she keeps silent. "Fucking bitch."

"If we go backwe will all die. Is that what you want? lle Lotesse maa ve' tanya en'edhel nostale, nan' lle uma il- caela i' reasonien en' er." Shesays coldly.