Chapter Ten

Negan glared at me, leaning against one of the bed posts with his arms crossed, and I sat on the larger of the two couches looking at him with an unamused expression. "Why not?" he asked gruffly, his tone filled with annoyance, and I gave him a 'you really have to ask' look. "I am not going to walk around wearing the shitty excuse of clothing you've offered. It's mostly lingerie-- I didn't even do that for my husband when he asked." I admitted, gesturing with my hand to the pile of undergarments. I'd been here almost a week now, still in the same clothes I arrived in, and I now regretted asking him for something to wear. He sighed in frustration, "The others don't mind doing it when I ask." I narrowed my eyes. "Have you forgotten I'm not one of your precious wives? No, I'm not gonna do it!" He sauntered over, his expression almost menacing as he placed his hands on the back of the couch, trapping me as I'm forced to meet his gaze. "Why do you have to be so...fucking difficult?" he asked in a hushed whisper, and I sat up, my nose brushing against his lightly as I spoke. "Because God made me fucking stubborn."
His eyes flickered down to my mouth, his tongue flicking over his lips slowly before he leaned in, kissing me with a harshness that left me momentarily stunned. I blinked, returning the action as I reached out, gripping the collar of his jacket to pull him closer. He groaned into my mouth, the sound vibrating over my lips, exciting me even more as he ran his hand over my thigh. He gave it a squeeze, and as I gasped he took that time to slip his tongue into my mouth, wrestling with my own in a fight for dominance. This was wrong....this was definitely wrong, but I couldn't pull away, not yet at least. The last time I'd been kissed was a spur of the moment -we thought death was around the corner- thing with Rick back on a run; it meant something at the time, but never led anywhere afterwards.
I could feel his hand traveling up and under my shirt, snapping back to reality as I pushed him back, and out of instinct my hand connected to his cheek with a loud slap. I sucked in a breath, whispering a quick 'I'm sorry' as he stood back up, rubbing his now red cheek silently. "You...you are going to drive me up the wall." he stated calmly, a little too calm for comfort, and a thought quickly came to mind that would work to my advantage. "Let me get some of clothes-- real clothes, not what you gave me, and I'll repay you with a small service of your choosing...favor for a favor?" He met my gaze, thinking over my offer as if it meant life or death, finally giving me an answer. "Deal."