Chapter Sixteen

"Are all of those women actually your Wives?" Carl asked as the two of them walked into the bedroom, and I looked at them from where I was laying down on the bed. "Yeah. Always wanted to screw a whole bunch of different women. I mean, why settle for just one? Why follow the same old rules? Why not make life better?" Negan explained, meeting my gaze, frowning a bit when I gave him a disgusted look. "Speaking of...sit. Let's get started." Carl followed him to the couches, slowly sitting across from Negan. "Started on what?" he asked softly, and I listened carefully sitting up. "I want to get to know you a little better, Carl. See, I'd expect a kid your age to be moping around, not doing a damn thing, except crying about missing the prom. But you, you go on a mission. You find me, you kill two of my men, and you're smart enough to know that I'm not gonna let this slide." Negan stated with a chuckle, "Ah, I can't I can't do it. It's like talking to a birthday present. You got to take that crap off your face. I want to see what Grandma got me." Carl quickly shook his head. "No." I stiffened as Negan barked back a reply, "Two men! Two men...punishment. Do you really want to piss me off?"
I watched as Carl removed his hat, slowly unwrapping the bandage covering his eyes as Negan smirked. "Get that hair out of your face. Let me see." Carl brushed his hair from his face, and I gulped when Negan began to speak. "Christ! That is disgusting. No wonder you cover that up. Have you seen it? I mean, have you looked in the mirror? That is gross as hell. I can see your socket. I want to touch it. Oh, come on...can I touch it?" Negan stopped talking when Carl began to cry softly, my heart hurting as I yearned to comfort him. He sighed. "Damn. Holy hell, kid. Look I just...it's easy to forget that you're just a kid. And I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything. I was just screwing around--" Carl quickly interrupted him, "Just forget it."
    There was a loud knock on the door, and Negan cleared his throat. "Come in." The door opened, and Fat Joey stepped into the room. "I'm sorry to interrupt, sir, but, uh you left Lucille out by the truck." he explained, holding the bat up. "Seriously? I never do that. I guess a kid firing a machine gun is a little bit of a distraction. All jokes aside, you look rad as hell-- I wouldn't cover that shit up. It may not be a hit with the ladies, but I swear to you, no one is gonna screw with you looking like that. No, sir. Fat Joseph, did you carry her all the way up here for me?" The larger man nodded. "Yes, sir." Negan tilted his head. "Were you gentle? Were you kind? Did you treat her like a lady?" Joey nodded once more, "Yes, sir." I watched as Negan smirked slowly, eyeing me from the corner of his eye. "Did you pet her little pussy like a lady?" There was an awkward silence that filled the air before Negan chuckled. "I'm just screwing around, man. A baseball bat doesn't have a pussy! Now get the hell out!" Once Fat Joey exited the room he turned back to Carl. "What do you like to do for fun? You like music?" Negan asked, and when Carl reluctantly nodded, he continued. "I want you to sing me a song." Carl looked at him confused. "What?" Negan chuckled lightly, "Yeah. You mowed down two of my men with a machine gun. I want something in return for that. Sing me a song." The boy quickly shook his head. "I- I can't think of any." 
    "Bullshit! What'd your mom used to sing you? What'd your dad play in the car? Start singing." Negan stood up, and I decided to step in. "Negan, that's enough." He looked over at me, glaring daggers as he came over to me. "What was that, sweetheart?" I narrowed my eyes at him, standing up slowly as he still towered over me. "I said that's enough. Leave him alone." I leaned in to whisper, "He's been through hell as it is. Don't bring his dead mother into it." Negan finally understood, looking at Carl over his shoulder. "Get up. You can sing another time; it should be ready." I frowned at him. "What should be ready?" He smirked, biting his lip before replying. "The iron."

Author's Note: So I worked hard on this, please let me know what you think, as I'm not sure if I'm doing well on these chapters or not. Thanks!:)