3

Genevieve knew the place they were responding to was only a few blocks away from the station. She went there all the time. Her address was 705 Willow street so 703 was her neighbor.
      Two kids and their mother lived there. Genevieve babysat all the time when she wasn't working since their mom was a very busy and nervous person.
      It made her wonder which child was in trouble. She already suspected it was either in the back fence or the living room table.
     As they turned the corner and approached the house, a little girl in red and blue denim dress and brown pigtails came running from the side of the house.
      Well it's not Emily that's trapped Genevive thought although she'd also already figured that Peter would be stuck someplace; Genevive was leaning more towards the back fence now.
      As Roy and Genevieve got out of the squad Emily ran up to them; though, she addressed Genevieve.
     "Genevive! Genevieve come quick! Peter's head is stuck in the back fence" Yep. That's what I thought. "Can he breath alright. Is he in any pain" Genevieve asked. Roy opened the compartment on the side of the squad and took out some equiptment they might need.
      Emily sighed and shook her head making her pigtails fly around her face. "He's just being a big baby. He's fine but you know how Peter is and I can't get him out." DeSoto looked at Emily then back to Genevieve equiptment in hand. "Com'mon on I'll show you"
     Emily skipped ahead leaving Roy and Genevieve to follow. Roy looked at Genevieve again. "I live in this house next door" Genevieve explained pointing to a huge house next door.
     It had a large, lush, lawn and a beautiful Garden with a white marble porch. Tons of shimmering windows basked in the sun and flowing, light colored, curtains framed them. there was even a balcony on one side.
      Roy gazed in amazment. If I didn't know how much she wanted to be a firefighter, I wouldn't know why she even bothered coming to work! Roy thought.
     They entered the backyard through the large red fence door. Immeaditly they spotted a boy...well part of a boy at the back fence.
      He was stuck in between the ground and a broken part of the fence. A medium sized white, black, and brown colored dog with triangle ears and a black leather collar sat calmly next to him. It looked back at them when they entered and gave a small woof.
    The two paramedics ran over and crouched next to the boy. "Hay Peter It's Genevieve. Are you alright?" "I'm stuck... I thought you were on duty?" Genevieve let out a laugh that melted Roy's heart and poked Peter in the back. "Well right now you are my duty." Genevieve replied "This is my partner Roy DeSoto"
      "Hi number ten" Roy said noticing the red and white shirt labled with the number ten and the name PETER in bold print. "Hi Mr. DeSoto" "Are you ready to get out of there" Roy asked "Yeah"
     "Will you have to cut him out?" Emily asked. "EMILY!" Peter wailed. Emily rolled her eyes. "I meant the fence dummy" Roy and Genevieve exchanged an amused look.
      "Alright Peter can you turn your head a little and pull. See if that works" Genevieve asked trying to measure how much space he had. Peter tryed it.
      "No"
      "Okay lie flat on your stomach and tilt your head up." Roy said
      "Ouch. No"
      The dog layed a paw on Peter's back and licked his arm; Genevieve stroked it's head. "Uh i don't think this is ganna work can we- can we get a pry bar or lever or something" Roy asked looking at Genevieve. "um...yeah"
     Genevieve took off for the back porch, dog at her heels. "How did you get stuck Peter?" "By being dumb" Emily cut in. "Be quiet Emily I was not! I was trying to get my ball back. That's not dumb."
      Genevieve returned with a long prybar and slid it underneath the broken part of fence. "Ok Peter We're going to pry up the wood and then you can slide back through. Okay?" Genevieve said. She pried up the wood making flecks of paint spray off. "Your mothers' ganna have a fit" Genevieve mummbled.
      "Okay Peter slide backwards now" Roy instructed. Peter obeyed and wiggled his way out backwards but to everyones suprise the dog followed behind him!
     A red ball filled it's mouth. It dropped it a Peter's side. "Stanley! You got the ball back...without getting stuck!" Emily squealed then burst out laughing. Peter angrily brushed paint chips from his blonde hair and grabbed his ball.
      Genevieve picked up two of the medical boxes as she asked "Are you alright now" "Yeah" Peter replied reluctantly. "Okay" Genevieve chuckled back as she picked up one of the boxes from the squad.
      "Why don't you two play inside untill your babysitter or mom gets back ok?" "Alright" the two kids responded in unison before running throught the back door and into their house.
     Roy picked up the other box of medical equiptment. "Cute kids" he said looking at the spot where they had disapeared. "Yeah...they can be trouble though" Genevieve replied with a shake of her head.