Chapter 2: Nightmare at Midnight

Leo's POV

Mia had fallen asleep after eating and playing with my brothers. So I decided to put her to bed and get sleep myself.

As I layed in bed I watched Mia's peaceful sleeping form. She looked so calm and serene. As I was watching her I felt my eyes growing heavy and then welcomed the darkness to take me away.

Mia's POV

The giant metal being standing above me shoved me in the green liquid below. I couldn't breathe.

As the metal being kept dunking me in and laughing I was brought up and saw Daddy looking at me. And then the metal being snuck up behind him. I cried to let him know but it was too late. Daddy's eyes widened and he sunk into the ground. My eyes welled with tears and I cried.

Leo's POV

I woke up to Mia crying. As I switched on the light I saw her tear stained cheeks and her small, turtle form squirming in her sleep.

I rush over to her and gently picked her up. She opened those light pink eyes and stared at me while snuggling into my plastron. Her tears were wet against me and I rested her on my shoulder as she closed her eyes and snuggled into me like it was the last time I would be there.

"Shhhhh, it's okay Princess. I'm here, Daddy's here." I say rubbing her shell.

Her cries turned into small hiccups and she just rested there, laying on my shoulder while breathing in and out, making sure I didn't put her down.

I smiled at her and she moved her hand to rest on my shoulder. "Let's go get some food, you must be hungry. And I don't want my Princess to be hungry." I say while looking at Mia. She looks at me and yawns while rubbing her eyes and snuggling deeper into my shoulder.

I chuckle and kiss her on the forehead while walking to the kitchen. Digging deep back into the cupboards I find the old bottles. I rinse one out and heat up the water in the microwave.

It beeps letting me know it's done. I set Mia on the counter and open the microwave, pulling the bottle out.

As I pull the formula out I see her nose sniff the air and she looks at me. She whimpers and holds her hands out. I put the powder in and twist the lid on before shaking it.

"Almost done Princess, I have to test it to make sure it's not too hot for your precious tongue." I say kissing her on the forehead. She pouts and puts her lip out while holding her hands up. After I shake it I take a drop and put it on my wrist. Sensei taught me this to help Mikey when he was younger. If it burns your skin it's too hot for the tongue.

It was warm but not too hot. So I pick up Mia and put the bottle to her mouth. She gladly takes it and begins eating.

I smile and walk out to the living room to watch a little late night TV with Mia.

I plop on the circle couch and switch Space Heroes on while turning it to low volume.

She watches intensely while eating and so do I

She watches intensely while eating and so do I. Space Heroes was my favorite and still is.

**Time Skip** (Cause I'm Lazy)

"Shh! Mikey be quiet! Just take the picture already Donnie!" I hear a voice say. They were trying not to be loud but they were failing. Hearing the snap of a camera I open my eyes to see Raph, Donnie and Mikey all standing around me.

"What the shell are you guys doing?" I ask angrily but hushed. I could still feel the warmth of Mia on my plastron. Raph just smirks and holds his phone out showing a picture of Mia and I sleeping on the couch. I growl at him and Mikey runs to the other room with Donnie close behind him. Raph just grins at me.

"Can't get up or else you'll wake her.." he says quietly. While grinning smugly.

"Oh yeah? Watch me!" I whisper back.