Nightmare

*DURING THE NIGHT*

I kept breathing silently as much as possible to avoid hearing my parents arguing so much. It made me wonder if anything was gonna happen to me.

That's when the door broke open and I yelped a bit to cover my mouth and then the footsteps came under my bed and the sheets moved.

"CARLY!" I heard my mom shout before I screamed and closed my eyes.

I quickly shot up and screamed loudly before I started crying a bit softly.

I could tell that the TV was lightly on in my room since I never usually sleep in the darkness, and it helps me feel there is something on.

My door opened and dad came into the room. 

"What's wrong? What's going on?"

I wiped my tears away from my face with my hands. "Nothing... Just a nightmare..."

He calmed down and looked at me. My face was sorta giving it away on how scared I was.

"Carly..." dad said concerned. "You sure you're fine?"

I shook my head and put my hands to my face and tried to stop crying.

Dad picked me up from the bed and carried me to his room, I guess.

He put me down by the bed and I looked to see him sitting down next to me and say "What's the nightmare about?"

I looked at him dead in the eye. "I'm just... wondering, that's all..." he added.

I wiped my face with my hands again and sighed heavily. "It's just something that my parents got me involved... They were arguing and my dad had almost 'kidnapped' me since they never have charge of me ever since they divorced. I just usually wonder if they actually cared about me at all..."

My voice was cracking and I was starting to cry again.

"Hey... come on..." dad said trying to not make me cry. Usually, in this case, telling me to not cry is hard since I get all emotional and I usually want the person to comfort me.

And that's perfectly effective since dad was now holding me and shushing me quietly and whispered: "I'm sorry I asked..."

Eventually, I went back to sorta normal but I faked just worried about anything else, so I slept with him in the bed.

It felt comfortable in his bed than mine, but I felt tired and felt dad ask "You all right?"

I realized he was still up, so I fake saying "No..." My voice played it off scared.

He moved over on my side and hugged me, and I felt happier since I knew he cared about me a lot.

A/N

Well... This is sorta short, but I'm sorry...

(1/30/17): Finals are this week and I'm already stressing about school... 😡

Hopefully I can upload more. 😐

Byyyeee!