fourty-three | smackle's reaction

DAY 18

GROUP DM: emergency 101!!!!!

catsarepurple: Zay darling have u told her

texasboi: ^

imbatman: ^

zayscookie: I'm GOING to

irishpancakes: what why????

zayscookie: she didn't turn up yesterday at the park...

imbatman: ugh she was probably busy with the stupid 605s

zayscookie: but I know how important this is so I'm going over to her house before school starts.

catsarepurple: now?! it's like 6am, she's probably still asleep!

zayscookie: who cares I'm still going :-)

texasboi: you better get this settled soon

------------------------------------------------------

ZAY
walking to Smackle's house, in New York.

I kicked the leaves on the ground as I walked and walked, getting closer to her house.

It was just a minute's distance away. What do I tell her? Will she hate me? Maybe she doesn't want to see me?

A million questions ran through my head and I breathed in deeply. Everything's gonna be okay, I told myself.

As I approached her porch, I saw her red door I'd waited in front of the other day, when I was trying to get her to come down...

I walked quickly and knocked on the door.

I waited for a few moments, then raised my hand to knock again, but the door was suddenly swung open.

"Zay...? What are you doing here?" the genius who looked like she definitely just woke up asked.

Her brown hair was in tied up in a loose and messy bun, and she wore a vintage red shirt with grey sweatpants.

Aw, damn. She looked hot whether or not she just woke up.

"I need to tell you something," I told her, then motioned for her to let me in.

"Can't this waaaaittt?" she moaned as she opened the door slightly, leaving me to enter myself.

I stepped in, then followed her upstairs in the darkness.

When we got to her room, she closed the door and lay on her bed. "So? What was it you wanted to tell me?"

"I— I... how's life?" I blurted out.

"What? You came over to ask me that?" she asked in surprise.

I shook my head and braced myself for what were to come next. I said, "I don't know how you'll take this but... the 605s are a bad bunch of people. They are the most ruthless girl gang in the entire state. Please, Smackle, do what's best for you and stop hanging out with them."

I closed my eyes as I didn't want to see her reaction, but still opened it a little to peek at her.

S... she was glaring at me...

Without warning, she suddenly started to talk quickly, and angrily. "Well, Zay dear. I can make friends with whoever you want. Why are you stopping me? Don't you know how I have never had friends? This is the first time someone wants to be friends with me, why the hell are you trying to stop me?! If you're gonna do things like that, just stop interfering with my life and mind your own beeswax!"

I immediately looked down, shocked. What do I say?

I took a deep breathe and told her patiently, "Smackle, I'm not making up lies. They really are ruthless. Haven't you read newspapers? I'm not stopping you from having friends, but I don't want you to mix with the wrong group of friends! I'm protecting you!"

Smackle closed her eyes, then lifted her hand to point at the door.

"Get out of my house. I don't need anyone to PROTECT me."

------------------------------------------------------

SORRY FRIENDS BUT THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER JUST TO FINISH UP THE ZAYADORA STUFF (still continuing after that) SO I CAN START ON SOME RIARKLE DRAMA ;))))

also I realized I have super few rilaya parts in here so I'm gonna add some in after that too 🙂