fifty-one | the unexpected voices

RILEY CONT.
at Farkle's house, in New York.

2 hours and 15 minutes till farkle and his mum need to be at the airport.

Immediately after watching the three of them walk down, I heard Farkle's mother say, "Uh, water."

I turned around quickly and saw that she was holding a glass of plain water in her hands, so I took it from her hands, saying, "Thank you so much. Do you mind if I rest here for a bit? My ankle still hurts a lot."

"Sure, I have 2 hours more to spare anyways," she shrugged it off as she sat down beside me on the couch.

I wanted to turn around to see if they were giving me any signals but I definitely couldn't give myself away. What do I do?

------------------------------------------------------

MAYA
going down the stairs to the basement of Farkle's house, in New York.

Lucas, Zay and I tiptoed down the stairs, me at the front, Lucas behind me and Zay all the way at the back.

As we reached the bottom of the staircase, I saw that a light was turned on. Peeking out, I saw Farkle sitting right under that bright source of light, tied up and sitting on a chair. He was looking down at his lap, probably wondering whether we got his message.

"Farkle!" I whisper-shouted, as I ran over to him.

He immediately looked up, and I expected his eyes to light up in happiness, but it was something else I saw in his eye just before I reached him. It was as if he was trying to... to tell us not to go to him...

He quickly looked behind me and then back at my eye, as if he was signaling me to turn around. "The 605s," he mouthed to me.

The what now?

I whipped my head around, only to see the two princes I had come down with, surrounded by the whole, entire gang. One of them, the one who seemed most like the leader, given her outfit which gave off bad vibes and countless piercings everywhere, and the look on her face which just seemed to scream, 'Listen to me, or else.'

"Well, well. Who are you now?" She asked menacingly.

"Let go of my friends!" I said as I rushed towards Lucas and Zay. However, the leader stopped me with just one hand and said, "Nuh-uh! Oh, you poor girl. How defenseless."

I tried to push her away, but to no avail. Instead, she pushed me ever further away from Lucas and Zay with a forceful push with that one arm.

The group of girls around Lucas and Zay held onto them, tighter than before.

She then crossed her arms and tapped her feet on the ground. "Care to explain how and why you got in?"

"Why would I, dumbass?" I scoffed.

"Because I'll be calling a certain someone out if you don't!" she laughed, as if mocking me.

"Fine. We got in through some meticulous planning. You'd be bored to death if I explained everything, so. Why we came here? Is there really an explanation needed?" I said, then crossed my arms.

"Yeah, well, if you don't want us to start a fight or something, get out. Now," she replied firmly.

Lucas laughed as he said, "Insane. We came here to get Farkle out, dude. What have you been doing?"