sixteen | the breakup

DAY 10

catsarepurple has added imbatman into the group DM, random human beings.

catsarepurple: ZE GENIUS #2 IS BACK YALLLLLLLLL

imbatman: number 2??

genisuisadora: I'm number 1, aren't I? 😏

irishpancakes: you're both geniuses, don't worry 😉😉

zayscookie: SO IVE BEEN THINKING, SINCE WE ALL LIVE IN NEW YORK... LETS MEET UP SOON!!!

catsarepurple: OMG, great idea Zay!!!!!! I would love to meet y'all so badly

geniusisadora: that's probably the most intelligent thing you've said in this group DM, Zay.

zayscookie: why, thank you!

texasboi: oh uh, I can't go...

irishpancakes: why?

texasboi: I, uh, have lots of projects to complete and my dad wouldn't allow it anyway...

catsarepurple: aw, that's too sad :-(

imbatman: yea, can't you find a way to sneak out or something?

texasboi: sorry, y'all :'(

zayscookie: it's alright, we'll just do another one another time!! but do y'all wanna meet up TODAY??

catsarepurple: sure, I'm super free!

irishpancakes: I don't mind :-)

imbatman: sure thing!

geniusisadora: could I bring someone along? 😬

irishpancakes: sure!! who is it?

geniusisadora: hes name is Cody, I met him in school... and we kinda clicked?

catsarepurple: I thought you and farkle were dating??

imbatman: we... broke up...

geniusisadora: yea, but there was a good reason for it and none of us were upset!

catsarepurple: what is it?

imbatman: Smackle...

geniusisadora: um... to be kept a secret ;)

irishpancakes: anyway, what time and where shall we meet??

catsarepurple: my mum owns a bakery called Topanga's and we could meet there if you guys are alright with it??

zayscookie: sure!! I've heard of it before and always wanted to go there anyway

imbatman: soo 12pm at Topanga's?

irishpancakes: yes!

geniusisadora: can't wait to meet you guys ❤️

catsarepurple: me too <3
------------------------------------------------------
MAYA
at a park, in New York

As soon as I saw that Lucas wasn't coming, I actually... felt disappointed. I so badly want to meet him!

But I shouldn't be! I turned my head to the side to look at Josh, who was sitting beside me on a bench and texting away on his phone. I have Josh, and he's all I need! He's cute, he makes me laugh...

But... Lucas is the sweetest guy I've ever met, he's so adorable and hot, even. I want to meet him. I need to. And I'm sure he was making up excuses in order to avoid meeting us!

I'm so confused...

Josh or Lucas...?

I'm sure it's Lucas. He's been so understanding, and when I told him I didn't like him, he didn't even get all mad at me. Yet, do I deserve him?

And as for Josh and I... we've been drifting apart recently. He's constantly on his phone, and we barely talk even when we're right next to each other. I have no idea why, but I know something's up.

"Josh, can I talk to you?" I asked as I peeked at his phone.

Wait. He's texting some girl called Carrie??? Who the hell is that? Instead of talking to me, he's always busy chatting with another girl??

As soon as he saw me looking towards his phone, he quickly turned it off and said gently, "What is it, babe?"

"You've been cheating on me with another girl, Carrie, haven't you?"

"No! I would never!" Josh protested.

"I saw it. Stop denying it." My heart was breaking into pieces, but I couldn't show him how weak I was because of him.

"Fine... but it's not my fault! You never really want to talk to me anymore and you're ALWAYS reading your book and studying... seriously though, why can't you just relax and spend some time with your boyfriend?"

"Anyway, weren't you also on your phone just now? Who were you talking to, anyway?" Josh continued.

"Josh darling... you couldn't be stupider, could you? You only know how to push the blame to someone else when you've obviously done something so so wrong, and now you're accusing me of cheating on you? What an asshole, Josh. Don't ever talk to me again." I slapped him hard on his face before standing up abruptly and walking away, tears starting to stream down my face.