fifty-three | ally

MAYA
at Farkle's house, in New York.

She walked over to Ally, then looked her in the eye. Woah.

"I know, Ally. I know you're doing all these mean stuff because of your parents. Because they themselves are... bad. We all know you hurt others, bully others, and became this mean and disgusting because of your parents, one of the most evil people ever, honestly. And I know that you're truly a nice girl after like weeks of interaction with you. We all know that, right girls?" She looked around as if to signal them to nod their heads, and they did.

"Ally, I know that deep down inside, you're beautiful, you're kindhearted and you once were. I know, I've read articles. Don't do this just to impress your parents. I'm telling you, it's never going to be worth it."

Ally looked at Smackle with a shocked expression. We were all pretty shook, too.

So Smackle really had gone with them this whole time. I'd thought she'd become one of them, turning into one of those pathetic and gross girls. I guess not.

"I— I..." Ally stammered.

Suddenly, one of the girls who was holding onto Lucas let go of him and walked over to Ally. "Al, you've known me for the longest time, and you're also the bestest friend I've met, the longest one too. And I knew you, and became your friend because of who you were back then. Nice, innocent, pure, sweet. But you influenced me to be like this. Yet I know it was because your parents put pressure on you. And now, I don't think I wanna do this anymore. And neither should you, Ally."

And then, all the girls started walking over to the three of them, including Smackle, and hugged each other.

The bond they had... it was truly amazing.

Lucas quickly ran over to me and hugged me. "You okay, Maya?"

I nodded and smiled gently, hugging him back. Zay also walked over and joined us.

We then let go of each other, and then I saw the group also slowly dispersing, leaving Ally and her tear-stained face in the middle.

She walked up to Smackle, and told her, "Hey, Smacks, I—"

"Hey! I know you're all good now but do not ever call my girl 'Smacks'! Only I can!" Zay suddenly called out, making us all laugh.

"Okay, okay, boy. Smackle, thank you, so much. Thank you for stepping up and telling me all that stuff. I won't be influenced by my parents anymore. I won't wanna be like them anymore. And I'm so glad you were able to help me realize that. Ever since you've joined the group, I'd always known you'd be special. I can't wait for more fun with you in the future," she said, then waited expectantly for Smackle to reply excitedly.

"Uh— I love you, Ally. And I'm glad you learnt that. But... but I'd rather stay with my other friends. I'd only suddenly realized what you were doing was wrong because I saw them in here and they reminded me of who I was. They've inspired and helped me, and they know me better than anyone else in the world," Smackle said, then turned to look at us shyly.

We smiled back, and Zay ran over to carry her up and spin her around. "Okay, okay! Stop... stop... it!" Smackle said between giggles.

She then looked at Ally and the rest of the 605s and said, "I hope we get to stay friends, though. I loved hanging out with you guys... when we weren't doing bad things, of cour—"

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

I knew this would happen.