fourty-nine | the theory

FARKLE CONT.
in the basement, still tied up, in New York.

I cleared my throat and called out, "Hey?"

Mum – if she could still be considered as one – turned her head immediately and asked coldly, "What do you want?"

"Could you order pizza? I'm hungry," I said, praying that the plan would work and she would say yes.

"Sure, I'll make the call," she shrugged.

"There was this shop I saw the other day which seemed pretty cheap and looked good, can we order from that store?" I asked casually.

"Okay..." she picked her phone up. "But where do I find the number?"

"Oh, I memorized it because I wanted to be ready whenever we had another pizza party. It's xxxxxxxx," I told her.

She looked at me for a while before looking back at her phone and typing the number in. "You and you whole adoptive family are freaking weirdos."

I snorted softly but then ignored the comment and watched her as the person on the other line answered.

Mum asked, "Hey, can I order pizza?"

She listened to the speaker talk for a while before she spoke again, an eyebrow raised, "You don't sell pizzas?"

Shit. No. Nononono. This has gotta work.

I quickly looked toward the floor, ready with the excuse of remembering the number wrongly, but then I heard her say again, "Oh, you were talking to someone else? God, can you please concentrate on me while I'm talking? So do you sell pizzas or not?"

I closed my eyes and prayed for a positive answer.

"Alright, then I want a Hawaiian pizza," she paused to look over at me for confirmation and continued after I nodded my head. "That's all. Thanks. The address is xxxxxxx."

Just like that, she hung up, informed me that it would take about 30 minutes, according to the person on the other line, and went back to flipping through her magazine.

I exhaled in relief, hoping that everything would work out exactly how I planned it.

------------------------------------------------------

GROUP DM: random human beings

(after Riley left Farkle's house when his mum chased her away)

irishpancakes: honey what was that omfg about

texasboi: AYEEE ma girl is back!

irishpancakes: 😶

------------------------------------------------------

catsarepurple has started a group DM with texasboi, irishpancakes and zayscookie.

catsarpurple has changed the name of the group to we needa do this together.