fifty-two | blood

RILEY CONT.
at Farkle's house, in New York.

I whipped my head around to look at her, my eyes meeting her fierce and ruthless look in her eye.

"Wha— no, no, no. You've mistak—"

"Quit lying, what the hell are you doing here?" She barked at me.

"To... to, uh, deliver pizza to you...?"

She rolled her eyes and put her hands in her hips. Worth a shot, I guess.

"Wait... you couldn't have come here alone to look for... my Farkle... could you? I mean, if you're here distracting me, how were you gonna fin—" Realization dawned upon her as she pushed me aside with force.

And she did it so forcefully that I hit the corner of the coffee table in front of us.

But of course, she didn't care and stomped her way down to the basement. Shit, shit, shit.

It was sharp, the pain. It was like she stabbed a knife into my head. I reached up to rub my head which was aching badly, but immediately felt something... wet. I brought my hand down and saw red. Blood. Head. Aching. I couldn't think straight, and neither could I see clearly. But all I was thinking of was one thing: to call the police.

I quickly reached into my pocket even as my surroundings became more blur as seconds passed. The couch... was moving? I shook my head to shake it off and hurriedly dialed the police's number.

I brought the phone up to my ear and waited in pain for someone –anyone– to answer.

"Hello?" The person on the other line said.

"Rose... Rosewood street. #01-37. Woman trying to abduct her k... kid... and... we're all in trouble. Please c... come... pleas—"

And then, everything went black.

------------------------------------------------------

hey guys!!!! so recently hit 20k and I gotta say I'm so thankful for everything really 😩 when I first started on this book, I honestly thought the highest number of views I would've gotten was 100 by the end of the whole thing, but boy was I wrong!!! I love you guys, I love the comments you guys give me, I love how you guys want me to update and say super sweet things, I simply love how you guys actually read this book!!

I think I'll be finishing off the book soon, though I may consider having a sequel or finish my other book first, idk but yep!'

also sorry for the short chapter and the long wait for a new chapter!! don't worry, I'll be updating again later just fyi!!