fourty-six | betrayed(?)

RILEY CONT.
in History class, in New York.

The bell rang, and I walked into History class, where Dad was already at the teacher's table. I saw the empty seat behind mine and thought about him again. Stop it, Riley. Stop it!

I then casually put my bag on the floor and  I played with my blue pen as I sat in my seat in History class, trying to forget all about the issue and focus on the lesson.

"Today, we're going to learn about..." Dad had already started lesson but his voice was at the back of my mind. What was at the top of my mind was still, Farkle.

I needed to know right now. Did he love me or not? Who was the girl at the window?

I put my pen down and leaned forward to rest my head on my hand, sighing loudly - maybe a little too loudly.

Everyone in the class turned to look at me, and asked stupidly, "What?"

Brenda, a quiet genius at the back of the class, pointed out, "Well, you were sighing really loudly just as Mr Matthews said 'young people nowadays sigh too often because they don't use their brains to think of a proper answer' as a joke..."

I turned to look at Dad, who was looking at me in concern, again.

"Riley? Wanna explain why you seem so out of focus today?"

I sighed again, and said, "I just have a lot on my mind, Dad. Sorry, I'll listen from now."

He then said softly, "You sure, darling?"

I nodded, and he continued talking about some stuff we probably didn't need to know.

Suddenly, there was a soft 'ping!' heard coming from my phone. I quickly looked around to see if anyone heard, but thank goodness because I was the only one who could hear.

I sneakily got my phone out, thinking that it may just be Farkle, texting to explain everything.

Turns out, it was from the group chat.

------------------------------------------------------

GROUP DM: random human beings

zayscookie: heyyyyy guyss

texasboi: helloooooo

catsarepurple: hi!!!!

zayscookie: aren't u having lessons now, Riley???

catsarepurple: shhhhhh

zayscookie: ooooh Riley got naughty eh

catsarepurple: aren't YOU using your phone in class, too?

zayscookie: whateva, smartass

catsarepurple: :-)

zayscookie: anyway, have yall seen Maya today or heard about her?

zayscookie: we agreed to walk to school together, but she didn't turn up at our meeting point... (a/n: also, i just realized i never added in the part where maya goes back to New York, so let's just all pretend I did and she's already back 🤗)

zayscookie: just worried the same thing may happen again

catsarepurple: hm...

catsarepurple: omfg.

texasboi: what?

zayscookie: what?

------------------------------------------------------

RILEY CONT.
in History class, in New York.

Maya didn't turn up for school. Neither did Farkle. Was I right? Was it really Maya in his room?

I kept my phone in my bag, then looked down at my hands. Would Farkle AND Maya betray me like that?

Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes but I breathed in, telling myself that it was going to be okay.

It's going to be okay. It's just 2 friends you met online, Riley. One became your sorta-best friend, one became your sorta-boyfriend.

Who am I kidding? It's not going to be okay.

------------------------------------------------------

HELLO MY FAVOURITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ❤️💐💘💟💓💖💞

AM WRITING AN AUTHORS NOTE HERE BECAUSE

OMFG AM I RIGHT LIKE DID YOU COWAN SHIPPERS SEE THIS BC I ALMOST CRIED IN PUBLIC WHEN I SAW IT BC I WAS THAT IN LOVE WITH THEM 😩❤️❤️💓💘

alright anyway I've calmed down and am here to tell you that the next few chapters are probably not gonna be in the pov of Riley + I THINK you're gonna find out what really happened so continue reading and watching out for updates to know more!!!! 💐