fifty | the fake outfit

RILEY
outside Farkle's house, with the rest of the clique, in New York.

current time: 8pm - 2 and a half hours till Farkle needs to leave for the airport.

We huddled up outside Farkle's house. I was wearing a t-shirt which had the words "One Pizza" written on it. It was our fake "pizza shop" and we tried covering it up with a red apron I was wearing. I wore my white pants– the only pair I had– and a baseball cap with my hair in a bun. I wore a face mask so she didn't recognize me, and planned on coughing to pretend I was sick when I reached. So that, you know, she doesn't think in some suspicious person delivering pizza to her house.

I repeated the whole plan to ensure that everyone knew exactly what to do.

"So, I'm gonna go in with this outfit, tell her the pizza's still hot and that I would bring it in for her. Then, I'll pretend to twist my ankle and while she attends to me, you guys quickly go to the basement. Because we're gonna search every single corner of the house, starting from the bottom. Then, we'll move up and I'll try to distract her while you guys go upstairs. And remember, always do a thumbs up when you're fine, do a thumbs down if you're in any sort of trouble. And hold up your fist whenever I'm looking if you've found Farkle," I said in a serious tone.

"Got it?" I asked. And they nodded.

Maya put her hand in the middle, and said, "We'll find Farkle and get him out."

Zay then put his hand in on top of Maya's. "We can do it, y'all."

Lucas did the same, and said in a motivational tone. "No matter what happens, even if that woman is a mad crazy one and kills us all, remember I always love y'all."

We all laughed softly and I put my hand in too, determined to succeed. "Let's go."

They quickly and softly moved to both sides of me, making sure they couldn't be seen by the person opening the door. Zay on my left, Maya and Lucas on my right.

I held the pizza from some not-so-famous pizza shop in my hand and took a deep breath, then rang the doorbell. After about ten seconds, the door knob turned and Farkle's mother appeared. "Finally! It's been more than half an hour!"

I started to cough a little, then told her, "I'm sorry for the slow service! I was feeling a little sick. The pizza's super hot, may I help you bring it in?"

"Oh, you don—" I cut her off and said, "I'm already late, this is the least I could do, Ma'am!" And then, I quickly walked in, and slowly put the box on the table.

"Well, you're such a nice person! Thank you, I'll go get my money." She then quickly walked over to the kitchen counter, picked up her wallet, and called out to me again, "How much is it again?"

"10 dollars!"

She got the bill out and handed it to me. I kept it, and then told her, "Thank you, and I hope you'll order from us again!"

She then thanked me once more. Hm– not as bad of a person as I thought she would be. started to walk towards the door, but pretended to trip over the legs of the couch, then falling flat on my face.

"Ow!" I groaned in pain.

"How the hell did you fall?" She sighed in exasperation – maybe not so friendly after all. However, she continued saying, "C'mon, sit down on the couch. I'll go get water for you."

"Thanks so much, Ma'am."

Then, I waited for her to go into the kitchen, her back facing me, before I quickly turned around to signal for them to go in.

They gave me a thumbs up as they sneakily, and quietly, walked down the stairs to the basement.

I leaned back and crossed my fingers and toes that this would be a successful plan.