nine | farkle's backstory

imbatman: Riley, please don't tell the others whatever I'm about to say, alright?

catsarepurple: yes sir

imbatman: in the group DM, I said that I moved to New York because my parents wanted to experience something new... but that was actually made up.

imbatman: my... my dad passed away when I was 5, so my mum wanted to move to New York because she would be reminded of my dad all the time when we were in Australia.

catsarepurple: Farkle! how are you dealing with it?

imbatman: well, I get reminded of my dad every single day and I basically sit in my room and cry for an hour before falling asleep, but recently it has gotten better already

catsarepurple: I know your dad means a lot to you, but you shouldn't cry every single day just because of that! your mum would be so worried about you. also, it isn't healthy to cry all day, you know?! go out and do stuff, take up a new sport, go searching for purple cats!

imbatman: I know, but I can't help it... anyway, my "mum" wouldn't be worried about me. after living in New York for a month, she abandoned me. she sent me to an orphanage, and that's how I now live with adopted parents, who were kind enough to take me in.

catsarepurple: to think about all you've gone through hurts me so bad too.. don't keep it to yourself, Farkle. tell someone, get someone to help you overcome this. your mum... probably didn't want to burden you or anything, and that's why she left you to the orphanage so you'd have a better life, maybe.

imbatman: thank you, Riley. I really needed that. ❤️

catsarepurple: you know you can always talk to me whenever you need to :-)

imbatman: yeah. I know I can ☺️

catsarepurple: wait. so why 'batman'?

imbatman: it's to remind me that I'm could be like batman so that I would be strong and will get through this...

catsarepurple: oh. that's great, Farkle :)

imbatman: thank you for today, Riley. I love you.

catsarepurple: I love you, too.