Second Job

A/N: Anyone else think 50 Shades of Grey would be better starring Adam Driver and Daisy Ridley?
Ben's POV
I drove Rey home last night and she now laid in bed, crying. She hasn't said a word to me and won't allow me to speak.

The doctor gave me an envelope addressed to Rey, most likely from Finn.

I left it out for her to find in the kitchen, but she hasn't came out.

I grab the envelope and softly knocked on her door. I hear her sniffle and slowly open the door.

"Rey, love."

She turns over and her puffy eyes look at me. She lifts up the blanket and I walk over. I put the envelope on the bed side table and crawl in with her.

She snuggles into my chest and remains quiet.

"I'm sorry."

'Shh." She puts a hand to my mouth. "I don't want to talk, so don't make me."

"Okay." I lay there quietly and soon enough she's asleep in my arms. Her breathing is steady and almost calming to me.

How am I supposed to handle this? I don't know how to handle this. I could really use Finn right now. Heck even Poe probably.

I wonder if Poe never died would I even be here with her right now? Would Finn still be dead? Probably not.

I can't change that though.

"Ben?" Rey's voice breaks me from my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"I'm ready for the envelope."

"Okay love." I release her and sit up, as does she. I reach over and grab it for her.

She opens it and pulls out two letters.

"He wrote to me and his will before his surgery." She pauses. "He knew he wouldn't make it."

She looks at the letter and begins to cry.

I take a sudden interest in the back of my hand, knowing she wants some privacy probably.

"Well that's a short will."

"Can I see?" She hands it over.

It reads: I, Finn Storm, give everything I own to Rey Kenobi.

"That is rather short." I hand it back.

"What am I going to do without him?" She whispers and wipes her face up.

"Live life to the fullest." I tell her.

She lays down in my lap and I begin petting her hair, running my fingers through it and softly getting the hair from her face.

"Ben, can you move in here?" She asks.

"You mean for good?"

"Yeah. There's enough room, we're already engaged, and you stay over quite a bit."

"Okay, I'll move in with you." I smile at the back of her head.

"Thank you."

"Want me to reschedule our brunch with my mom?"

"Yeah can we push it back to maybe lunch on Tuesday?"

"Sure. I'll call her later." She remains quiet. "Are you hungry?" I feel her head shake. "Tired?" She shakes again. "Just want to stay like this?" I feel a nod, so I contuine petting her hair and sit quietly with her.

---------------------------------------------------------
Ben's POV
Rey and I are finally up and beginning to take care of stuff around the apartment.

Rey is on the phone with Finn's boss talking about his death and what she needs to do.

I'm dusting and straightening up the living room, since there's nothing else to do.

"Ben?" Rey comes in. "Finn's old boss is offering me to take his old job of game reviewing. Would that be okay?"

"Yeah, I can work your schedule around it."

"Okay thanks." She leaves the room again and returns to her phone call.

I pour myself a glass of orange juice and text my mom to double check our plans of lunch for tomorrow.

B: Hey mom, are we still on for lunch tomorrow?

M: Yes, how is Rey doing?

B: She's doing fine, or at least acting like it.

M: Finn wouldn't want her to cry.

B: Yes, but she would anyways.

M: She's stubborn, just like you.

  You're going to have stubborn children.

B: Yes and we'll pass them off on you to watch because you can't resist.

M: You know me so well. See you tomorrow.

I finish my glass of orange juice and pour another. Rey walks in and sits next to me.

"Congrats on getting another job." I tell her.

"Thanks. They thought I'd be the right person to take his place since he taught me everything already and I know what they want."

"That's good. I'm proud of you." I kiss her cheek. "We should celebrate."

"Let's not and say we did." She teases. I raise an eyebrow. "Fine, let's celebrate by watching Disney movies, cuddling, and stuffing our faces."

"We probably would have done that anyways." I counter.

"Either that or I'm going back to sleep. I'm not going out today."

"Okay babe. Whatever you want." I kiss her forehead and stand up to go get the blankets from her room.

A/N: The book will be ending in the next few chapters and there will not be a sequel. Apologies. I have other books in the work such as 'The Jedi Games: Rule of the Senate' which is the first of three books I have planned. I also have the first chapter of the sequel to 'It is You' done and a title which I'll probably announce at the end of the last chapter. I plan on focusing on TJG for a while and then releasing *drum roll please* 'The Prince's Scavenger'

 I plan on focusing on TJG for a while and then releasing *drum roll please* 'The Prince's Scavenger'