4

I made my way to the border in human form so. I don't scare the human.
-----------------------------------------------------

I was hit by a mouth-watering smell of lavender and my wolf, Elliot was trying to surface. Then it occurred to me that it was the same feeling I had when I meet Gertrude at my coronation.
I moved faster to find the source and it was a little girl focusing so hard on whatever she was colouring. Curiosity got the best of me, so I moved closer to get a proper look. She looked up and noticed my presence.
She was so beautiful.
Her lips were pink, them , full and pillowy. I start them, wanting to trace my finger along the sweet outline where skin met mouth.
When i met her gaze, I felt drawn into her eyes. Her eyes were blue like that warm wool sweater that you put on when the air gets that chill- comfortable, warm, familiar. The blueness generated a feeling like she was being pulled into a lake of emotions. I could tell by her body language that she did not like my attention , and those flickering orbs confirmed my thoughts.
All I wanted to so was scoop her in my arms and take her home to were she belongs.
I moved closer to her to ask her what she was doing here all alone. But before I even got to her, she burst out crying.
Tear stream down her cheeks and her whole face red. Her upper body and shoulders wrack with every sob that forces their way out, chest rising and falling unevenly as she gasps for breath. I squeezes my eyes shut, balling my hands into fists . It's hurts to see her cry so much. I couldn't help myself so moved closer and scooped her in my arms. She tried to pull away but I held her tighter smoothing her hair.
"Aa-are you go-i ng to hurt me?"