01.

Amirah's POV

This... this was all me, it was my time to shine on the stage of The Palace. I took one last look in the long mirror and smirked at my reflection. I felt sexy and looked it. I was ready to go put on a show. I quickly took 2 shots of Hennessy, ran my hands over my baby hairs, and left out of my private dressing room. I walked down the neon lit narrow hallway and made a right coming face to face with the black curtain that hid me from the hungry gaze of the crowd.

Before it was my time to go on stage to perform, Jasmine, one of my good girl friends I work with burst through the curtain breathing heavily with a smile on her face. I seen she had money overflowing out of her top and her hands were clutching on to Washington's up to Franklin's.

"Go step on these hoes neck," she said sliding her heels off, "it's a good night tonight."

I turn and take a deep breath preparing my self for what's on the other side. I'm not scared, I've done this before, it's just the feeling of getting ready to go and perform is a feeling that never changes or gets old. Excitement and butterflies always appear before you step in to the eyes of fear. "Everyone please get ready for the amazingly beautiful Elena!" I giggled at my fake name and took one more deep breath before walking out on stage.

I heard the beginning of the song "Outside" by The Weeknd come on and I started my routine. I took long strides in my silver platforms. My tan legs stretched across the floor as I held my head up high and poked out my chest. I was the shortest girl who worked at The Palace standing at 5ft tall but I still put on the best show. They saved the best for last and I wasn't going to disappoint. Wrapping my legs around the pole I slowly spun around. Sliding down into a split, I slid my hands down my body. Coming back up I started winding my body slowly staring into the eyes of the men in front of me. When you think about it, most of them are sick perverts, half of them had wives and children, and the other half just thought they were going to get lucky by taking one of us home with them for night. I got down on my knees in front of a man who had his last hundred dollar bill in his hands, I noticed a ring on his ring finger.

Never fails.

I put my foot right in front of his crotch and leaned my head back. Suddenly I felt something touching my breast. I looked down real quick and seen he had put the money in my bra. I smirked and slid back up on the pole. As the song was ending, I planned on going out with a bang. I started working the pole more, grinding, body rolling, and swinging my brown curls around, I was in the zone I felt all eyes on me. Turning around I scanned through the crowd at the same men who came here every weekend; the dad, the husband, the cop, the priest... Then a certain someone caught my eye. He had a gaze on me so focused I couldn't help but stare back into his eyes. In that moment and time I was dancing only for him.

After the song ended I slowly walked off of the stage, only the sound of my heels clicking and heavy breathing echoing around me.

Walking back to my dressing room I see Farrah. Not this bitch again. I wasn't in the mood to argue with this girl. Ever since I became top dancer over her at The Place after just six months of working here, she always has some petty shit to say to me. I keep my eyes forward and just keep walking trying to avoid hearing her annoying voice.

"Bitch." She stated as she walked past me. I just let it go. The whore's not worth my time.

"Hey slut I'm talking to you!" I hear her say as I walk into my dressing room. She must really want this work. I walk over to my vanity mirror and grab the empty bottle I had from last night. Walking back out I creep up behind her and crack the bottle over her head.

"I'm sick of your shit bitch! Get over your fucking self! You're a grown ass woman!" I walk away listening to her groan on the floor. Looking at the rest of the girls who work here I just smile and slam the door shut to my dressing room. I don't even care if I get fired tonight. I look in the mirror at my face and laugh at myself. Did I really just crack a bottle over a bitches head? Only God knows how long and bad I've wanted to give that bitch the business. I shake my head and pour myself a glass of the Hennessy from before I went out on stage and slide on my sheer floor length robe. Just because I'm done with my show doesn't mean I'm done with my shift. I hear a knock on my door and my thoughts immediately go to Rod, my boss. Shit, shit, shit.

I swing the door open plastering a fake smile on my face. " Hey R-" I stand there in confusion when I see the guy from the crowd standing in front of me. His eyes red and deeper than when I seen him earlier in the crowd.

"Hello?" I'm confused as hell to how he even made his way back here. It's completely off limits.

"What's your name?" He asks me walking in my room. Um excuse you.

"Elena." I tell him smoothly. I've told that lie so many times it just rolls off my tongue.

"Your real name baby." He says, taking a seat on the sofa. I just stare at him like he has two heads.

"What's your name?" I ask irritated at the fact that he even has the audacity to be doing all of this right now.

"Lamar." He says pointing at his face. He's looking like he's trying not to laugh.

"Well Lamar it was nice meeting you. Now may you please leave so I can get back to my job." I say opening the door. He stands up and walks toward me "See you you in a little bit." He says biting his lip and smiling before walking out of my dressing room.

Creep.

I peek my head out of the door to make sure he doesn't try to make any swift left or rights into any of the cuts down hallway, then slam my door shut once I see he is out of sight. Taking one last gulp out of the cup in my hand I sit the rest to the side and wipe under my eyes, tussle my curls, and sit in front of the mirror to recollect the strange events that just occurred.