**Chapter 13**

Louis POV

I can't believe what I saw on Harry's arms, does the bullying really get to him that much that he has to punish himself even more. It was devastating to see someone I care about have such painful looking scars and fresh cuts up his arm. I need to help him stop this, I've heard about self-harming and how it can be addictive but I've never met anyone or seen anyone who's suffered from it before so I don't even know how to handle this.

I sat thinking about it for ages. How I hadn't noticed I don't know. He always seemed as though he was putting on a fake smile yet as soon as he saw me his expression would brighten up and he would become genuinely happy. If being around me is what makes him happy, if me being his friend makes him happy then I plan on making a huge impact on this guy's life. I care about Harry and I don't plan on letting him do this to himself again.

As I don't know how to handle all of this by myself I decided to speak to my mum about it all and hopefully she can help me come up with a plan to help my new friend. I'm sure she will be more than happy to help me help Harry as Harry has been helping me after getting a beating.

I had to move very slowly as I climbed out of bed being careful not to hurt my ribs any more than they already hurt. Step by step I made it out of my room and to the staircase; this was going to be the most painful part of my trip downstairs. I took in a deep breath and placed one foot down the first stair. I did this one foot at a time until I finally made it to the bottom, I let out a sigh of relief that now all I had to do was go to the kitchen. My pain meds were in there so I could take some of them.

I entered the kitchen and found my mum sitting at the table sipping at her cup of coffee; she turned and looked shocked to see me.

"Louis what are you doing out of bed? And why did Harry leave in such a hurry?" mum snapped and I let out a long sigh.

"Let me make a cuppa and take my meds and I'll explain everything. I actually need your help with something." I explained and mum nodded a little confused.

Once the kettle had boiled I added the water and some milk to my mug of tea stirred it then joined mum at the table. I grabbed my meds from the centre of the table and swallowed some down with my tea. I noticed mum was just staring at me from the opposite side of the table so I sighed and began explaining everything I had seen this morning.

"Right so basically this morning Harry helped me up to the bathroom but after I'd done my business and he'd set me back down on the bed I noticed slice marks and old scars up his arm. He cuts himself mum and I was so shocked I just stared at them. I didn't know what to say or even think. I've never known anyone before who does this and I'm guessing it's because he's bullied like I am. The difference is I fight back and defend myself whereas Harry just takes it all and bottles up his feelings. Then he's blatantly going home and punishing himself even more. I need your help mum I don't know what to do but I care about him and I want to help!" I took a deep breath in after that whole explanation and watched as my mum sighed and gave me a sympathetic look.

"Louis baby listen self harm is a very sensitive subject and from the sounds of it you are right in saying it's probably an outlet for Harry. You're going to have to step lightly approaching this with him, he knows you've seen the cuts so your best option right now is to just listen to him. Find out why he does it and ask how you can help. As for actually helping you won't be able to do that unless he's willing to accept help!"

I thought about it for a split second and I knew automatically that mum was right, mums are always right. I got up from the table and gave mum a quick kiss.

"Thank you for listening, I'm going to get dressed and go round to see Harry!" I told her and she smiled

"If you hurry I will drop you round there on my way to work. But don't hurt yourself in the process." she said and I nodded leaving the room.

Walking as quickly as possible with fractured ribs I climbed the stairs and made my way into my room. I struggled to pull on a shirt but finally got it on after moaning out in pain a couple times; next I pulled on my joggers then slipped into my TOM's.

"Lou are you ready?" mum called up the stairs

"Yeah just coming!" I called back exiting my room

I slowly made my way back down the stairs meeting mum at the bottom by the front door; she helped me out to the car then walked around climbing into the driver's side. I told her Harry's address then we were off in the direction of his house. I just hope he speaks to me.