Chapter 18

I opened my eyes and looked around, I was in white room of some sort. To my left was a door that led somewhere but where? I was dead, I remember stabbing myself in the heart so Tierney could leave. Was I in heaven or hell.

I rose to my feet and looked around. There was a silver pan a few feet over and I walked over to pick it up and stared at my reflection. I looked different than what I remembered. I ran my hands along my neck and then to my chest. I had boobs? What was going on.

Before I could further inspect my body the door opened and in walked a familiar face. I was certain he was alive or was he?

"Aloe" He greeted.

"President Finnick...." I greeted. After a few seconds I leaned forward. "Am I dead?" I asked him.

He laughed before shaking his head. "Of course not or that would mean so was I"

I stood in silence for a moment trying to grasp what this meant. The last time I was awake I was in the arena with Tierney. Only one person was supposed to make it out and that was why I killed myself. But if I was alive didn't that mean Tierney was dead.

"What happened to Tierney?" I asked him.

"The girl is fine she is home with her family. It's been a little over a month since your eyes have been open." President Finnick said.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Well I'm sure you noticed your new body and look." He stated.

"What about it?" I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Along with your new body you have a new identity." He told me.

I shook my head as if it'd make things clearer. "Excuse me, I'm not sure if I heard you right but I swear you said I had a new identity."

Why the hell would I need a new identity?

"You are on your way to the Capitol where you will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. The winner gets to do whatever he or she wants with you whether it be using you as a slave, a made or lover-" Finnick said.

I rose to my feet and paced the room silently before I stopped and jabbed my finger in his direction. "You have no right to do this!" I snapped. "No Right!"

"I own you Miss Mellark. I could have let you die but I broke the rules." Finnick replied.

"My parents will be expecting me-" I began

"You parents think you are dead. Naturally they will be expecting your body to be delivered but we will express how you were accidentally cremated and then send them some ashes of a cows carcass."

"You unimaginable bastard" I said to him.

President Finnick laughed as he got to his feet. "Be grateful you aren't six feet under right now Miss."

"And if I won't cooperate."

"You will be tortured, whipped and locked away until you do" He smiled "Your stylists will be in soon to fix you up for the auction. Behave" He ended in a intimidating hiss.

I watched as Finnick walked from the room. What just happened? I stood in place until I heard voices outside my door. That must be my stylist. When the door opened my eyes widened. I was froze in my spot as three people walked in.