Chapter 19

I knew these people, Cinna and his wife and their son. I felt aweful standing here before them knowing their daughter died trying to protect me. What would I do what would I say to them. Do they hate me?

Cinna walked a circle around me before he stopped infront of me.

"Miss 8780 I am your stylist Ci-"

"I know who you are Cinna, Mrs Eamon and Ace." I said nodding my head to each one of them.

Cinna looked at his son and wife who stood in the corner of the room waiting for their instructions.

"Of course you do the Hunger Games interview." He began.

I shook my head. "No you were my stylist 9 years ago during the 91st Games and a few months ago for the Quarter Quell." I took a step forward and smiled nervously. "Cinna it's me, Aloe."

His dark skin went pale as he stared at me. Slowly he shook his head. "I'm sorry" He said inclining his head. "But you are mistaken Aloe died along with my daughter in the Games." he said before he took a step back.

In the back of the room his wife made an awkward noise that sounded like a muffled cry. I looked over to Ace who looked a bit pained as he pulled his mother into his arms.

Cinna inclined his head towards me with a disapproving look on his face. "I don't know what you are playing at 8780 but I would appreciate it if you didn't poke fun at those that died during the games."

I let out an uneasy breath as I looked at him. How could he not recognize me he was my stylist and my friend. Or atleast he was. Was he pretending to not know me or was I so altared that he no onger knew who I was?

"Cinna?" I pleaded. "You have to recognize me?"

He looked at me and then nodded his head. "Of course I recognize you" He began.

I moved to throw my arms around him but he carefully pushed me away.

"I recognize you from the job proposal that was sent to me three months ago. You are 8780" Cinna replied.

I gasped in disbelief that he didn't reconize me. Then his words hit me. He got the job proposal three months ago, I was still in the arena then. That means that President Finnick had planned this. He planned to revive me from the beginning.

"Cinna! I snapped. "I demand you look at me, I am Aloe Mellark my parents are Peeta and Katniss Mellark maiden name Everdeen and I have a deceased older brother River Mellark." I took a deep. "Your daughter was my ally she died protecting me."

Ace moved across the room quickly and pinned me against the wall.

"Keep your mouth shut about my sister. I don't care who you are but you and I both know Aloe is dead so stop with this nonsense." He let me go and shoved me down into a chair.

After 3 hours of silence I was beautified and dressed for the auction and the family of stylists left. I was disraught. To the world I was dead, non existent. Who was I?

President Finnick rejoined me again. By his side he had a secretary.

"You look like a million dollars about to be placed into my pocket." He smiled. "I am sure you have realized that you are known as 8780." He paused for effect. "Before you are escorted from this room to the auction you will pick a name and it will be approved." He rose to his feet. "You have two minutes before you will be gathered, if you can't decide on a name one will be chosen for you." President Finnick left the room.

I sat for a minute thinking of a name. I wanted something that would help me remain my identity from my past life no matter what I became or what I went through.

"CalliRose Katna Evermark." I said.

The CalliRose reminded me of my brother's grave which by now would blossoming with the genetically enhanced flowers. Katna, the first half of my mothers first name and the last part of my fathers. Evermark, my parents last names combined.

They could change me and altar me until hell freezes over but they couldn't steal my individuality of who I was and where I came from. That could not be changed.

The secretary noted down the change of name and walked from the room. Seconds later I was joined by two peace keepers who shackled me and escorted me from the room. We went out of the room I was in and up several flights in the elevator and then I was deshackled.

I stood on a pedestal in my auction outfit. The dress was made to show my body off and its curves. The neck swooped low to give a teasing view of my cleavage. I felt like an item. Suddenly the curtains went up and President Finnick was by my side talking me up.

"CalliRose Evermark is 5 ft 8, 120 pounds and can lift up to 100 lbs. Her IQ is 130 and comes from an exclusive background. She cooks, cleans, is 100% pure and is fertile." Finnick spoke.

Several buyers began shouting prices until the auctioner silenced them and began the bidding. $100,000 was the starting price. A old man bidded and then was out bidded by a old woman. The old woman was outbidded by a man who looked scary all dressed in black. After several minutes of jumping around the old man called the final price.

"Going once, going twice. SOLD!"

I felt my stomach sink to my butt as I was announced sold to a old man. What was going to happen next? The old man walked forward and handed a suitcase that I suspected was filled with money to Finnick. I was cuffed again and peace keepers escorted me from the building and into a expensive looking car.

A few minutes later the old man climbed into the back seat beside me and told the driver to go. We drove away from the building and into the town. Soon the shops and expensive looking apartments were fading away and being replaced by large properties. A half and hour passed and we stopped outside a tall gate.

Great I wouldn't be able to escape this place, that was probably the point. A million thoughts filled my mind and I was terrified from them. What would I be, his maid, his slave, his child bearer, his wife, his lover. I winced at every possibility.

The car passed through the gates and I looked around. The driver opened the door and I slid out and stood tall. I looked quickly towards the gates that had just finished closing and then to the old man who took my arm and was pulling me towards the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"You will see soon." he replied.

We entered the large house and I was taken upstairs to a bedroom that was nicely decorated. The old man left closing the door behind him after telling me to wait here. I sat on the bed silently until I heard footsteps outside the door. I sat up straight as the door knob turned and then the door opened.