"Hi, Toby,"

I keep
My eyes
Wide open.

Spencer stood at the steps of Toby's apartment.

"I'm gonna go," Aria said, still in her car.

"What?" Spencer gasped. "You can't leave! How will I get home?"

"Have your boyfriend drive you home after you tell him your pregnant," Aria sassed.
"I've got some business to take care of with my mom,"

"Ok," Spencer sighed. "Bye, I guess."

"Bye, Spencer," with that, Aria drove away, leaving Spencer standing in front of Toby's apartment building.

Spencer quickly hurried up the steps to his apartment and knocked on the door without thinking twice.

Toby swung the door open after a few minutes.

"Hi, Toby."

"Spencer?" Toby asked, he must have been doing something because his hands were all oily and his shirt was a mess.

"I'm sorry, did I come at a bad time?" Spencer asked, meekly.

"Oh no, no! Come in," Toby insisted.

Toby went to the sink where he washed his hands and Spencer took a seat a on of his island stools.

"Hi," he said, and leaned over the counter to kiss her now that his hands were clean.

"So, what's with the surprise visit?" He asked. "Not that i mind,"

He pressed her lips to hers once more for good measure.

"I had some stuff I need to tell you," Spencer answered vaguely.

"You wanna tell me now?" Toby asked.

"Uh, yeah. Ok." Spencer inhales deeply.

"I'm living in my parents barn." Spencer said.

"What?" Toby asked. "What about Upenn? Did you drop out? And your parents let you live there?"

"My mom forced me to come live with her because something happened. I just wanted to tell you for when you come visit next weekend. But after today you might not want to."

"Spencer, I'll always want to come visit you. What happened with your mom?" Toby asked.

Spencer chose to ignore Toby's questions. "It's not really a big deal though. I mean, my mom thinks I'm incapable of anything so she lays for everything. That's really nice. But she doesn't come a visit a lot. My dad doesn't though. I really haven't had a conversation with him at all. I guess he's really mad at me."

"Why is your dad mad at you? Why does your mom think your incapable? Why are you living in your parents barn?" Toby insisted.

"Could you hold your questions until after?" Spencer snapped.

Toby stayed silent.

"Thank you." Spencer continued. "What I really came here to tell you is that, um."

There was no easy way to say it so Spencer spat it out.

"I'm pregnant."

Toby gulped. "Your what?"

"Please don't make me repeat it." Spencer said, looking down.

"Is it mine?" Toby asked.

Spencer rolled her eyes. "No, it's Caleb's," she said, sarcastically.

"It's valid question, Spencer," Toby bit.

"No, it's not. I would never cheat on you, Toby," Spencer snapped.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Is this why your staying with your mom?"

Spencer nodded. "She wouldn't let me get an abortion, so adoption or I could keep it?"

"So you would get an abortion?" Toby asked.

"I don't know. I don't really want to be pregnant right now, Toby. I want to be in collage. There's a lot to think about." Spencer answered.

Toby nodded. "So, what are you going to do?"

"I was hoping you would give me an answer," Spencer said.

"Spencer, I love you and I love our baby," he placed a delicate hand on her stomach.

"You do?" Spencer asked, meekly.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"But we were just talking about abortions,"

"No, you were talking about abortions," Toby argued.

"After you asked the question!" Spencer defended.

Toby threw his hands up in surrender. "Ok!"

He leaned in and gave Spencer a passionate kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you, too,"